🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

new shed required

Options
i'm looking for a new shed and i am looking for a good price. any ideas. i have looked at ebay but i will have to travel and dismantle, which is not an option.

please help

Comments

• mp7125
    mp7125 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Options
    Try https://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk they seem to have good offers and include free delivery
  • alanobrien
    alanobrien Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    mp7125 wrote:
    Try https://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk they seem to have good offers and include free delivery

Just FYI, i bought a shed from these people a couple of years back. It was good quality at a good price and the service was good.
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just ordered a shed from J D Marshalls, it's slightly over 6 x 4 and is metal, with double doors. It's cost me £160 and that is including delivery.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    mp7125 wrote:

their prices are scandalous.. a 6x4 shed is £170, £70.01 more expensive than Wickes
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    B & Q have their 6 x 4 shed back in at £95, which is okay if you have some way of getting it home but if you have to add on £20 for delivery too it's not so much of a bargain.

The Trademaster I ordered from Marshalls is the same price as the one on GardenBuildingsDirect but it's galvanised steel and I won't have to mess about with wood preserver etc and will probably last for years longer than a wooden one.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • one-non-blonde
    Options
    moggins wrote:
    The Trademaster I ordered from Marshalls is the same price as the one on GardenBuildingsDirect but it's galvanised steel and I won't have to mess about with wood preserver etc and will probably last for years longer than a wooden one.

I've just put up a metal shed with the same idea about future maintenance (10 year guarantee) and also the possibility of dismantling when I move. However, it's soaking wet inside despite spending hours putting silicon sealant over all the screw holes in the roof. I'm not sure if this is rainwater or condensation but I really don't know what else to do. :confused:

By the way, if the instructions say it takes 2 people 10 hours to erect, they aren't lying! :eek:
    If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor...
  • StephenB_2
    StephenB_2 Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know anything about the Wickes shed mentioned above, but the B&Q one has overlap cladding, whereas the gardenbuildingsdirect one is tongue and groove. Overlap is usually cheaper than T&G.

SJB
  • dandydon
    dandydon Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    their prices are scandalous.. a 6x4 shed is £170, £70.01 more expensive than Wickes

Trust me, for comparable products, gardenbuildingsdirect is much cheaper than the likes of B&Q. I got a Waltons 8x6 Groundsman shed that costs £299 + £20 del from B&Q (exactly the same shed) for £252 delivered. Including a free opening window. Ordered the Friday afternoon before the Easter weekend and it arrived on the following Thursday.

The 10x6 pressure treated model, £549 in B&Q, is £429 there.

If you want a cheap 6x4 overlap shed however, B&Q's probably as good a bet as anywhere.

Some other sites:

https://www.shedstore.co.uk
    https://www.redsheds.co.uk
    wins so far.....travel book :cool: last ever frost DVD :)
    speeches that changed the world book ;)
  • Chriswil
    Chriswil Posts: 276 Forumite
    Options
    I bought my shed from gardenbulidingsdirect. The driver told me that the sheds were the same as those from Argos, and in fact Argos were cheaper!

Maybe worth a look...
    Waddle you do eh?
  • NigeWick
    NigeWick Posts: 2,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've just put up a metal shed, it's soaking wet inside despite spending hours putting silicon sealant over all the screw holes in the roof. I'm not sure if this is rainwater or condensation
    I bought a similar one a couple of years ago. It's condensation, and, lots of it :mad:

Nigel
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family