Stoozing - When to Balance Transfer?

With Barclaycards 2 x low BT 0% deals available currently just after some advice.

I have a slow stooze on the go including 8 months remaining on a Tesco 15months 0% card which is to the max with £3k in a 3.1% ISA to match what I owe on the card.

My question is would you sacrifice the remaining 8 months on this card for either of the Barclays deals?

Seems like a good opportunity but if these low BT deals are reasonably frequent shall I wait? :-)

Replies

• edited 6 August 2012 at 5:07PM
    mrs_Tmrs_T Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 6 August 2012 at 5:07PM
    gozaimasu wrote: »
    Good question. I don't think I would risk the application and mark on my credit file if Barclaycard couldn't offer me a deal to transfer all of the money across, which they more than likely wouldn't (I hear they are stingy with this?).

I (and others on this forum) have found them extremely generous, best credit limit I've ever been offered and I've had at least 6 credit cards at different times. I transfered a balance with 3 months 0% left but not yet an m&s one with 8 months. I am also slow stoozing to the barclaycard but won't reach the credit limit in the 0% on spending time limit.

By moving balances repeatedly you have to figure in the fees you are racking up against the interest earned.

The Barclaycard offer finishes on 9th August.
    http://www.lovemoney.com/news/credit-cards-current-accounts-and-loans/credit-cards/16587/barclaycard-only-seven-days-left-to-get-top-balance-transfer-credit-card
  • NICKYS32NICKYS32 Forumite
    186 Posts
    My 0% deal is coming to an end in 3 weeks and I tried to apply for the Barclaycard but I got a weird screen at the end saying "Please accept our apologies, we are making some changes to the application form, so that we can continue to offer you a great customer experience. Please try again later or alternatively you can contact a member of our Customer service team who will be happy to help you"

Anyone else had that? Does that mean I'll have a double mark on my credit record if I apply again?[/QUOTE]

I had the same message!! Did you find out if you had to resubmit your application?
    Thanks
  • I had the same message!! Did you find out if you had to resubmit your application?
    Thanks

I just applied again the following day during working hours (too lazy to phone them?!) and they rejected me. When I called to check the status the CSA told me that it was because I had applied twice!

Really annoyed at them, I might write a letter.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals