Ann Summers Have Taken Payment for an Item We Never Received

Options
Hello everyone!

My girlfriend went to an Ann Summers party on the 18th May, bought two items from the rep; one of which was some lingerie (she received this at the party) and the other... Well, let's just call it a toy :P

The total came to £30.60, which she agreed to pay on the 1st of June. The reason we said the 1st was because that is when my girlfriend got paid. Despite assurances from the rep, the money came out two days earlier, resulting in an overdraft charge. Several days later the rep said that our party had been cancelled, and that our money would be refunded in 28 days. It wasn't, so we rang them up.

When we rang, the assistant said they had no record of our purchase, but as long as we had a receipt and proof it came out of the account it should be fine. We emailed them and we've had no reply in two weeks.

Has anyone else had terrible experiences with Ann Summers and their representatives? Their "contact" page on their site doesn't work, and the phone bill cost us about £5 for the call last time. Does anyone have an alternative contact email? We only want £22 back (the cost minus the lingerie) or the original item; how likely are we to resolve this in our favour?

Thank you everyone!

Comments

• Looksguywalker
    Looksguywalker Posts: 695 Forumite
    edited 31 July 2012 at 8:30PM
    Options
    Smedders11 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

My girlfriend went to an Ann Summers party on the 18th May, bought two items from the rep; one of which was some lingerie (she received this at the party) and the other... Well, let's just call it a toy :P

The total came to £30.60, which she agreed to pay on the 1st of June. The reason we said the 1st was because that is when my girlfriend got paid. Despite assurances from the rep, the money came out two days earlier, resulting in an overdraft charge. Several days later the rep said that our party had been cancelled, and that our money would be refunded in 28 days. It wasn't, so we rang them up.

When we rang, the assistant said they had no record of our purchase, but as long as we had a receipt and proof it came out of the account it should be fine. We emailed them and we've had no reply in two weeks.

Has anyone else had terrible experiences with Ann Summers and their representatives? Their "contact" page on their site doesn't work, and the phone bill cost us about £5 for the call last time. Does anyone have an alternative contact email? We only want £22 back (the cost minus the lingerie) or the original item; how likely are we to resolve this in our favour?

Thank you everyone!

You were there?! Lucky sod! Popcorn anyone?

Seriously, can you contact the rep. on the party night/person holding party?
  • Smedders11
    Smedders11 Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hahaha! Unfortunately not. I apologise for the typo :p
    As for the rep, we only know her name. not sure how to contact her directly though. For the host, it was her friend. But, for very complicated and petty reasons, they aren't talking at all.

I'm more concerned with contacting Ann Summers directly, as the reference on the transaction clearly says Ann Summers. I assumed that they'd get in touch with the rep as we do have the date, name and all that.
  • Looksguywalker
    Options
    I'd keep emailing them (no cost) and see what that brings. On a MSE level if a £30 debit messes up her finances by getting taken early...do without? Which means she'll have to manage with you...YEH!
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a right c**k up to me.
  • tomwakefield
    tomwakefield Posts: 8,036 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like a right c**k up to me.

And that's just the toy!
    Competition wins: Where's Wally Goody Bag, Club badge branded football, Nivea for Men Goody Bag
  • Paddy2eyes
    Paddy2eyes Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    Ask for a refund and tell them where they can stick their goods!
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    Paddy2eyes wrote: »
    Ask for a refund and tell them where they can stick their goods!

....where the sun dont shine
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If its costing that much to phone, write.

From their website:
    Customer Service Centre
    Gold Group House
    Godstone Road
    Whyteleafe
    Surrey
    CR3 0GG
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    saynoto0870.com ... see if Ann Summers are in this database to get a freephone/geographic number. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure