Does this make sense or am I a dimwit?

Options
I have a CC with Halifax and last year I filed for a PPI claim. The good news is I was successful. In February of this year I was credited 765 onto my CC. I thought that was that.

Two weeks ago I went online to check my Halifax CC balance. They had taken 791.68 from me in the form of a manual cheque ie as opposed to owing just under 300 to Halifax, thanks to them doing this transaction I now owe over 1000. At the same time they sent me a cheque for 791.68 with a letter apologising for their mistake in miscalculating my PPI reclaim amount. I cashed this into my current account. I rang Halifax and they told me another mistake had been made on their behalf and that the 791.68 which they took from my CC will be credited back to my CC.

Today I checked my CC balance. They have not credited me the 791.68 onto my CC so I rang them. They put me through to their PPI department who had no idea what was going on and said they have no record of the letter and cheque for 791.68 or record that they had also taken 791.68 from my account. Obviously I wasn't satisfied with this explanation so I called their CC department. They checked my CC and all correspondances. Basically what has happened is that they've done a manual cheque from my CC account to my current account and it's something to do with the company who give them their money to give to their customers and that a cheque for 765 should have been given to me at the same time as my CC was originally credited 765 back in February.I've not been given a satisfactory answer.

The Halifax CC person who I spoke to told me that my CC balance is all correct and that taking 791.68 from my CC account and sending me a cheque for 791.68 is what's supposed to have happened. This makes no sense whatsoever. Am I missing something here and being a dimwit and understanding?!

I'm extremely annoyed because it now means the outstanding balance on my CC is over 1000. Back in March it was 8000 and I've worked blooming hard to get it down to 300. For this to happen is a big kick in the teeth and I really am so confused and don't know where to go from here :(

Comments

• Little_Mo_70
    Options
    I have a CC with Halifax and last year I filed for a PPI claim. The good news is I was successful. In February of this year I was credited 765 onto my CC. I thought that was that.

Two weeks ago I went online to check my Halifax CC balance. They had taken 791.68 from me in the form of a manual cheque ie as opposed to owing just under 300 to Halifax, thanks to them doing this transaction I now owe over 1000. At the same time they sent me a cheque for 791.68 with a letter apologising for their mistake in miscalculating my PPI reclaim amount. I cashed this into my current account. I rang Halifax and they told me another mistake had been made on their behalf and that the 791.68 which they took from my CC will be credited back to my CC.

Today I checked my CC balance. They have not credited me the 791.68 onto my CC so I rang them. They put me through to their PPI department who had no idea what was going on and said they have no record of the letter and cheque for 791.68 or record that they had also taken 791.68 from my account. Obviously I wasn't satisfied with this explanation so I called their CC department. They checked my CC and all correspondances. Basically what has happened is that they've done a manual cheque from my CC account to my current account and it's something to do with the company who give them their money to give to their customers and that a cheque for 765 should have been given to me at the same time as my CC was originally credited 765 back in February.I've not been given a satisfactory answer.

The Halifax CC person who I spoke to told me that my CC balance is all correct and that taking 791.68 from my CC account and sending me a cheque for 791.68 is what's supposed to have happened. This makes no sense whatsoever. Am I missing something here and being a dimwit and understanding?!

I'm extremely annoyed because it now means the outstanding balance on my CC is over 1000. Back in March it was 8000 and I've worked blooming hard to get it down to 300. For this to happen is a big kick in the teeth and I really am so confused and don't know where to go from here :(

Whilst phone calls can sometimes result in the matter being resolved, more often than not, they don't.

Why not put your complaint in writing and send it to them (by recorded post). They can then properly investigate what has happened and, hopefully, resolve things for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure