Spill the beans... on free ways to keep the kids entertained

Options

Comments

• listerofsmeg_2
    Options
    My little boy is currently in the kitchen playing with a dish of water, some shells and a plastic fish. He is 2 and a half but my five yr old likes it too.
  • supermaw
    Options
    i told my 3 children,aged 9,8 and 6, that they could raid our recycle bin (papers/cartons/empty bottles) and make a spaceship - or whatever they wanted. I actually couldnt believe how much fun they had doing it.
    On another hot, sunny day, I gave them all paintbrushes, and buckets of water and had them 'painting' the decking - they had a ball doing this.
  • boredjellybean
    Options
    is this thread still going? I saw it mentioned in the MSE email this week......
  • PixiePancakes
    Options
    There is a free painting competition in Scotland:
    "Picture Japan 2015: Painting Competition for Primary School Children" on Eventbrite!
  • Fionapete
    Options
    Check out South Lakes Safari Zoo up to 4 children go free with ano adult paying the full price of £15.50
  • tra_2
    tra_2 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    geocaching
    Member 105 of 1% at a time - 23/100 :j
  • Jagraf
    Jagraf Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Te best memory my DD has is being at her nan and grandads, taking all the clean and ironed bed sheets out of the airing cupboard (with naughty grandad) and tying them over the swing to make a camp. Then tying them to trees and having pantomimes. If wet, turning the kitchen table upside own to make a boat. My parents house is one where you can just run around in a circle through all the rooms. She has been known to play horses with grandad having a sheet around his middle.

Nanny wasn't very happy about the sheets. Apparently grandad was in big trouble.

DD 16 now and she still has fun there :D
    Never again will the wolf get so close to my door :eek:
  • Louk
    Louk Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Freeze small toys in a tub of water and find some tools to chisel them out with.
  • mushtiff
    mushtiff Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Lots of areas have free table tennis in shopping centres, parks etc through the summer - look for one near you at http://www.pingengland.co.uk/ Bats and balls usually supplied though cheap to buy and take your own. Fun for all ages!
  • hngrymummy
    hngrymummy Posts: 955 Forumite
    Options
    Sock ball fights. Gather up a pile of socks, roll them up, then throw them at each other.
    If having different experiences, thoughts and ideas to you, or having an opinion that you don't understand, makes me a troll, then I am proud to be a 100% crying, talking, sleeping, walking, living Troll. :hello:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure