Belfast

Options

Comments

• michelle2008
    michelle2008 Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    There is a new theatre - the mac- very close to your hotel. Bit more hip than the opera house ! Check it out to see if there are any good shows on.
  • michelle2008
    michelle2008 Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    Also the duke of York pub is close by - great atmosphere - always packed. It has a saloon style pub across the alley which does live music on sat nights - mixed age crowd so might be good
  • bilty
    bilty Posts: 87 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    we had a weekend in Belfast at the beginning of July, we did the open top bus tour, then had a day trip out to the Giants Causway, then on the Sunday did the Titanic experience, we also did a tour of the pump room and dry dock. Had a wonderful weekend. Booked the titanic experience and day trip on line before we got there. Hope this helps.
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks all :)

I'm going to sit down over the next week and see how much I can fit in though I really want to do all your ideas :( but not enough time
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Cool :cool:

I'm sure you'll manage quite a few things, providing you're like me and get up at the scraic of dawn, get breakfast down, and hit the road 1st thing in the morning :D
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Headabovewater when I'm holiday I'm like that at home not a chance lol
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    :rotfl:

I hear ya!!
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The bus tour is great - the commentary is really quite mad at times - as well as very informative

Pop in and see city hall on the Friday (esp if its raining)- its free and theres plenty to see.
  • littleredhen
    littleredhen Posts: 3,280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am planning a trip to Ireland next summer with my sister and two girls aged 12 and 15 - definitely want to go to Belfast but any other suggestions are welcome - probably travel by ferry from Scotland and take the care - don't know whether to do a couple of nights in Belfast and move on or whether to make that our main place to stay - have sent for a brochure but your experiences are worth a lot more - thanks
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)
  • anotherginger
    Options
    Get some cocktails in The Merchant, they also do great cream teas (really good place for an occasion) - www.themerchanthotel.com

The Ulster Museum (and the Botanic Gardens if it's a nice day) is great - www.nmni.com/um

Bus tours are good, but would also recommend doing a boat tour - www.laganboatcompany.com. If you want something more personalised you could book a black taxi tour.

You can do a free guided tour of City Hall - http://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/cityhall/tours.asp
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure