Belfast

Options
Hi all!

My mum & I are going to Belfast in October as a little hen weekend just us two before I get married.

Now we know pretty much the main things we want to do which is essentially the Titanic museum & walking tour but can anyone suggest other things to do?

We are arriving early on the Friday morning leaving Sunday afternoon and we are staying at the Premier Inn in the Titanic Quarter.

Also any tips on good places to eat for breakfast, lunch ect would be appriciated

:D
First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T

Comments

• HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hey :) Welcoming you in advance to Northern Ireland!! lol :wave:

Me, partner and 3 kids went to Titanic a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it :D I would advise pre-booking online though. Slots are every 20 mins for the main building, and you'll need 2-3 hours. We called in at 11am on a Friday morning and the next available slot was 1.20pm! October time though I imagine would be a bit quieter. The walking tour we didn't do. You may need to pre-book that too as there's only 3 per day I think.

We also stayed in the Premier Inn at Titanic. Room was basic but clean. Staff were friendly and very helpful. You're a few minutes walk from the Odyssey and a few minutes walk from Titanic! You can walk into town in about 10-15 mins.

Breakfast at the Premier Inn is £8ish. It was tasty but we found them rather slow on replacing empty trays at the buffet, plus the restaurant was far too crowded. Can't comment on their evening meals as we didn't pre-book that and couldn't get a table!!

Victoria Square in the centre of town for shopping. There are a few eating places inside and I would definitely recommend Costa Coffee (rather than O'Brien's) and Frankie and Benny's. F&B's is good for breakfast, lunch or evening meals.

You may want to check out the Odyssey or Waterfront websites to see if there are any shows on if you've the time.

You can always check this website to see if anything else tickles your fancy!!

Enjoy!! :D
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow thanks Headabove!

That is all really helpful :)

Was excited before totally excited now
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Aw fab!! :D I'm sure others can come up with more suggestions.

Are you flying over or bringing a car?
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Faith177
    Options
    We are flying over :)
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    If you are going to the Titanic exhibition, make sure you also do the folk museum as it is fab we thought. It has a traditional outdoor village with shops, banks, school house, thatched cottages, cinema, pub and all the staff were in costume. You can just wander in and out the houses which are all full of traditonal items inside. It was fun to sit beside a turf fire, go behind the pub bar, write on slates in school and watch weaving and baking displays. The cafe had a good selection of traditional irish food also.
    http://www.nmni.com/uftm/Collections/buildings/Town-Area-(1)
  • Faith177
    Options
    Sounds right up our street thanks susan
  • Belair
    Belair Posts: 394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If the weather is dry, the bus tour is excellent. I love going to Belfast, the atmosphere is amazing and the shops are lovely. You MUST go to The Crown pub, it's a great experience. The gas lighting, decor and booths are truly wonderful to see.
  • Faith177
    Options
    Belair we were looking at the bus tour but wasn't sure on it as didn't know anyone who had done it so might take a further look into that.
  • MeMyselfandI
    Options
    Also check the Opera House as there may be shows on that you fancy (can't post links but google Grand Opera House Belfast)
    The Apartment have great drinks and tapas food and is just opposite the City Hall. Second Victoria Square for shopping and food. Also a big Debenhams etc. in the Castle Court and look out for the huge Primark for some bargains!
    Have heard good things about the bus tour as well. M-Club do a "groovy Train" 70's theme on a Friday night and Madisons and Benedicts were both ghood nights out the last time I ventured out!

Enjoy!
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Options
    I was also going to suggest the Crown pub is a must, and the bus tour was fantastic too, a great way to see the history of this fantastic city!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure