This made me chuckle

Replies

• rizla_kingrizla_king Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    izools wrote: »
    Six defaults and a discharged bankruptcy order...

oGctk.png

That is an utter joke. :rotfl:
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • JuicyJesusJuicyJesus Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would anyone like one of the new JuicyJesus credit scores? They'll be just as useless and non-reflective of your circumstances, but mine will be free.

Simply reply with a brief overview of your financial circumstances and I'll give you a number between 1 and 999 that will determine just how likely you are to get credit. Or not. But it's FREE!
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • Maestro.Maestro. Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    JuicyJesus wrote: »
    Would anyone like one of the new JuicyJesus credit scores? They'll be just as useless and non-reflective of your circumstances, but mine will be free.

Simply reply with a brief overview of your financial circumstances and I'll give you a number between 1 and 999 that will determine just how likely you are to get credit. Or not. But it's FREE!

earn 19K, three cards and an OD totalling roughly 6K total available credit, just over a grand of "debt" on 0%, rest unused. electoral roll, lived here almost but not quite 3 years... do your best.:D
    Oh, you wee bazza!
  • edited 11 July 2013 at 11:59PM
    izoolsizools Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 July 2013 at 11:59PM
    You sir have an iZools score of 590/999 "Poor".

If you pay me £15 I will make something up about quick ways to improve your score, and you can use my excellent comparison tool where I will use a combination of tarot cards and a Ouija board to predict which credit cards you would be eligible for.

There's a few days turnaround though as we only hold the seances on a Saturday night after a bottle of green absinthe.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • walesrobwalesrob Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Noddle's scoring system is funny. I earn 8.5K, only have 1 credit card and 1 bank account, yet they say my score is 5/5 and can be expected 'to get any card I want'. So, do I go for Amex Platinum? ;) Its a bit of joke really you gotta admit.
  • adindasadindas Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    walesrob wrote: »
    Noddle's scoring system is funny. I earn 8.5K, only have 1 credit card and 1 bank account, yet they say my score is 5/5 and can be expected 'to get any card I want'. So, do I go for Amex Platinum? ;) Its a bit of joke really you gotta admit.

My noddle score is lower than yours, 4/5 yet I could still get new credit card, open a new bank account easily.

My score is lower probably because I have pushed one of zero interest for purchase credit card to the limit.
  • izoolsizools Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    walesrob wrote: »

TBH though if you've had the accounts for a long time (i.e. 2~3 years +) and they've been run impeccably you probably wouldn't have any difficulty getting whatever card you want, all things being equal.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • CycrowCycrow Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    My noodle rating is currently at 1/5, but they match me with credit that requires a good credit history
  • edited 12 July 2013 at 4:04PM
    adindasadindas Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 July 2013 at 4:04PM
    Cycrow wrote: »
    My noodle rating is currently at 1/5, but they match me with credit that requires a good credit history

If you pay izools £15 s/he could make something up about quick ways to improve your score, and you can use his/her excellent comparison tool where s/he will use a combination of tarot cards and a Ouija board to predict which credit cards you would be eligible for.

For credit score it is free from him/her ....

Now regarding CRAs, If the score and prediction is worthless, I wonder what value CRA has actually created from taking people money £15 a month.

If people just want to know their personal data related to financial records is it not true that they know better than anyone else. They will know better whether they have loan, how many credit cards they have, how many defaults they have in the pasts, how much overdraft they have been using, etc.

This information is useful to lender but not to people as people know better about their personal financial circumstances. Why people need to pay the service they do not actually need ? Also keep in mind it is available free of charge for life from noddle.

The only reason I could think is that people need to watch their records on Experian, Equifax to check whether there is a mistake, whether CRAs, the lenders make mistakes in recording people circumstances.

People will normally get paid for time spent if they need to invest time to investigate something whether other people have made mistake. But here the opposite they will need to pay £15 a month.

But people have to see their records especially for major credit application such as mortgage, credit card because the lenders are using Experian and/or Equifax to make decision ?

So it is actually a conspiracy between the bank and CRA that have forced people with no other alternative rather than to pay.
  • izoolsizools Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to say I do like how Equifax' system is set up in so much as you're able to buy statutory reports via the same login and user interface as they use to sell the subscriptions.

Why they sell a "Credit report" for £11.99 and a "Statutory credit report" for £2 though beggars belief. What's the difference? Both are online via the same UI so...

It's interesting that a year since I posted this James Jones "Experian Company Representative" hasn't commented. It isn't however a surprise.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides