PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Sunday 29th July

Options
redruby
redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
edited 29 July 2012 at 8:31AM in Old style MoneySaving
Sunday 29th July Hi, this is the Daily Thread for 28th July. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Morning all,

A bit overcast here this morning, but set to get hot again later, :j more than a week of sunshine must be a record ::D

Will drop dd off at work at 9.30 then home, we started to take the coving and
skirting down in the lounge yesterday (ready for decorating and new floor) so may finish that today, also pulled the carpet back a bit and discovered the most vile lino tiles, in bright green / blue / red and yellow, they are so foul :rotfl: very 70's :D

Will go and see dad today, and help him with his lunch, and I need to list on Ebay later on.

Picked up the hairy bikers baking book yesterday for £2 at the boot sale, so will have a read of that later.

Bedding in the wm, which should dry well today.

Have good days all.

Lou, pop in and say hello, let us know you are ok xxx

Comments

• flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Redruby - you must be typing, and all who follow,

Is everyone else having a lay in this morning?!

Lou - hope you are feeling brighter today x

I had a fab day at the Olympics yday ( I posted on end of ydays thread if you want to see!). Little bit shattered still today but woke early. I'm going to laze in bed for a bit before going to meet a friend for coffee late morning.

No other plans today. Think I'll just potter around house doing some crafty bits, want to make a photo collage.

OS wise - WM on now with work tea towels, and will go on later with clothes as it's meant to rain from tomorrow onwards :(. Need to hoover and wipe over kitchen. Bins to go out.

Have a fab day all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Lou - Hope your ok xx
    FB - Glad you enjoyed it :T
    RR - Have you seen the HB new programme advertised....about them losing weight....starts on thursday ...

Overcast here today.....general tidying up today.....DD2 has a party at the indoor playarea at 12 so i'll stay and DS can play for free ;):D.

Tera tongiht Brisket sangers i think :o.

Note to self must get a copy of fifty shages of grey after reading your comments y'day :eek:;)

Have lovely ones xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning :hello:

Lou thinking of you x

We’ve picked more beans and peas, it looks like a lot til you shell them and realise you’ve only got enough to fill two freezer bags
    :D Total fruit and veg so far – 16lb 8oz

I spent the morning sorting out and breaking up old bamboo canes, re-potting a few things and generally giving the garden a good sort out.

I had to cut my eternity ring off :( I thought my fingers had just swollen a bit in the heat, but the ring on my right hand came off easily. I was going to jump on the bus into town to get a jeweller to cut it off but it was swelling so fast I decided to do it there and then with a pair of snips. The relief was instant and my finger started shrinking straight away. The skin was very red (not my whole finger, just where the rings are), there’s no cut but it looks like I’ve scrapped it. My wedding ring is still on, it’s not tight but my finger’s too big to get it off atm. I’m wearing rubber gloves whenever I do anything houseworky and using antiseptic cream.

[FONT=&quot]Not sure what to do today, I usually make a point of doing nothing on sundays (except maybe one load of washing). But I'm full of energy and it seems a shame to waste it :D

I'm going to a party in a couple of weeks time, wonder how much I can flatten my stomach by then? :rotfl:
    [/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning chums and a beautiful morning it is here in the Garden of England.I managed to get all of my ironing done yesterday and even put it all away (good for me as I hate that job)Today I shall be pottering around as usual until i go to DDs late afternoon for dinner tonight.I might knock up a tray back for the boys for a change and possibly an orange drizzle cake for a bit of a differance.I have several oranges left if the bowl so the smaller one will come in handy.I am trying to run down my stocks a bit as its only 20 days until we go away.I know I have some potatos to boil mash and freeze as well.NSD for me hopefully and I have enough to be going on with for several days at least.I'm starting to make lists of things to take away with me and get them all together in the spare room.I do like to be organised when we go as with seven of us its quite an art packing my car with one DGS and all of the clothes etc and the other car has DD,son-in-law and three children and two dogs and a pair of hamsters We are like a wagon train when we go away :):)
    Right off to get some breakfast I think
    Have a smashing day everyone and Big hugs to Lou I hope you are coping ok not long now honey before your new little person arrives
    love to all poorlies and blues
    JackieO xxx
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 29 July 2012 at 9:48AM
    Options
    morning all

Raining here .....

DH hopped out of bed today to take photos of decorated bedroom for DD in Japan.I got back in with the lappie and a cuppa.

Better get up in a minute as OH will want brekkie.

Tru hope your finger is better soon.

BB am avoiding 50 shades LOL

Flutterby sounds like you had a fantastic day. It is great that the Olympics is not all in London.

RR hope Dad continues to improve.

Hugs to Lou.

Mmmmm tea is probably salad but the menfolk are pining for meat. so maybe I will cook some on the top of the cooker. Yesterday was mixed bean chilli and very nice it was too.

Well hugs and kind words to all who need them.

Have a good day.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all

Just popping my head around the corner to check Lou is feeling better

Hugs to all, off out to take OH Paraglinding, got it in March for his birthday, not had the weather since LOL

Have a fab day xx
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All!

Sunny at the moment. WM and DW on. Had a nice brekkie, and now going to tackle ironing:rotfl:

Went to the tip yesterday and got rid of loads of rubbish, and cut the hedge, so feel we've achieved something. OH put up my new washing line.It's one of those brabantia ones that is a rotary line that hangs on the wall, then folds flat. Very impressed:T

Had my first tomatoes yeasterday. Got peas coming too. About ten cucumbers at the moment, will have to give them away!

Picking my dad up for him to come to dinner today. gets him out a bit.

Anyway, have a good day all!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning All,

Lou more hugs hun, hope your ok

FB that was such a kind thing you did yesterday, well done you

It's very wet here this morning. DGS is coming for lunch with his mum. I am making a big pan of chilli, nice and easy. Will find some inside things for him to do and dig out the colouring books and crayons.
    Looking forward to the new HB programme as I am healthy eating at the moment.
    Loving the olympics, have watched Volley ball and Archery already this morning.
    Off for my poached egg, have a good day all X
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You know what they say about the best laid plans well DD just rang and said how about going with the tribe to the swimming baths with Mikey in tow to 'look after his Granny' so thats this afternoon sorted, no feet up for me :):) but I don't mind really,Onward and upward chums
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all:j:j

I hope everyone is well on this fine Sunday morning ,

We are having Roast breast of Lamb for Our Sunday lunch,

My Wife and the twins are off to Church soon. They are Just getting dressed. The Girls will then be off to my Wife's mum and dads for dinner. They have been doing this since they were born. Every Sunday off to there grandparents for dinner and then they go over to see there great grandparents In the afternoon. They get back to our house at about 7:00pm In time for a bath and then bed.
    But over the last few weeks twin two keeps saying that she dose not wont to go. She wont to stay at home with mommy and daddy. So Im not sure if we are going to keep this arrangement up much longer. They might start having Sunday dinner here and then go visit grandparents last afternoon for a few hours. Not sure haw the grandparents will take it. They love seeing them, Still they are growing up, I guess it was only time before they started moaning about haveing to do things :rotfl:

I'm going to clean the chickens out this morning while everybody else goes to church. Then i will get mine and my wife's lunch on the go.

I'm planning on getting some reading time in this afternoon.

My wife has as it seems most of the women in this country has been doing , reading 50 shades of Gray. She has read all three of the books now. In just over three weeks. I also get the benefit of the books , She is onto some crime drama book now so all benefit has now stopped again. I just hope i don't any any benefit from the crime books. I don't fancy being killed in my sleep! I'm not planning on reading the 50 shades of gray books.

Late last night we had the men's gym on the telly. I have to say that some of them and what they can do is very good.!
    I felt sorry for the team GB men's bike team yesterday .
    1st day is now over and no medals for our country, but today is another day and i hope we can pick some up.
    I'm not really into sport. But as we are the host county I don't mind watching some of it and i always support our country teams in what ever they do around the world.

FB That was a lovey thing you did for that Girls and her day yesterday. I will admit that I'm dreading that time coming. I bet Dad was even more ill at ease with it all, than the girl!:o

Well have a great day everyone:j:j
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure