We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Exchange rates for foreign atm's
xzibit
Posts: 662 Forumite
I applied for a Nationwide account a few weeks back, as I want to be able to withdraw money from atm's abroad without being charged.
Can anyone tell me what kind of exchange rate I will get in Australia? How does Nationwide work it out? Will it be similar to that of xe.com for example?
It will just help me out, as I will have a certain amount in the account, so would like to know ruffly how much I am taking out.
Can anyone tell me what kind of exchange rate I will get in Australia? How does Nationwide work it out? Will it be similar to that of xe.com for example?
It will just help me out, as I will have a certain amount in the account, so would like to know ruffly how much I am taking out.
0
Comments
-
You get the interbank rate which is about halfway between the "buy" and "sell" rates you see at places that change money0
-
Set up the internet access to the account and you will be able to see the rate that you are receiving.0
-
I have internet banking on the account, but sure as hell won't be accessing it from public computers on holiday lol.0
-
It's perfectly safe to access from public computers, due to mix of keyboard and mouse entries that need to be executed before you get access.
In addition, one should remember to clear the browsing history.
Better still carry a USB memory stick with some Portable Apps; http://portableapps.com/
That way all the info stays with you and not on the computer that you are using.0 -
Usually the ATM will tell you the exchange rate your going to get on screen.0
-
they use Visa rate.I have e-mailed them and that's the responds.0
-
Thanks for the replies!!0
-
You can check visa rates here0
-
I second that it is safe to use the internet banking, it's a secure site.
It gives you statements for debit accounts and credit cards just as quick as it would in this country (only delay I have ever experience was in SE Asia, but onyl a day or two extra)
It's good to see the rate you get - it's by far the best out there
Have a good trip
****************************0 -
No ATM has ever told me the exchange rate - but the Nationwide will give you the best rate available.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards