Options

Comments

• theseeker1
    Options
    Great!

Will look on these links. Thanks! :)
  • Andmoney
    Options
    What would people's advice been on using Recruitment Agencies to find work? I am in permanent work currently after leaving uni two years ago but it's quite far from the level I think i should/could be achieving just now. I know that the market is tough and I don't know if it's worth switching to 'temping' to get more experience... I was going to link to a couple I've been looking at but can't because I'm a new member. :(
  • I've got a disciplinary at work where my manager said I used threatening behaviour towards him , he also said I shouted at him , both these accusations are false . I did raise my voice at him , that was after he swore at me . He then swore at me on 2 more occasions , then had the cheek to say " he felt threatened " . He clearly breached company guidelines , what course of action can I take If disciplined ? ET ?
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Clifton, I suggest that you start a new thread, as your query is much more likely to be spotted and replied to.

Dx
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • UKJ
    Options
    It's been a while since someone posted here but there are some really useful sites at the moment that help speed up your job search. One of the best that I have come across recently is jobvista.co.uk, a job search engine for anyone who's looking for jobs in the UK but not the hassle of going loads of different sites! I don't know how all this stuff works but they seem to be pulling in all available jobs and telling me where they are available in the UK. Once I found the job results I was looking for, the links took me directly to where that jobs was advertised and saved me a heck a lot of time!

jobvista.co.uk was so easy and simple to use and showed me so many relevant results, not like some the others that I've used. So if you want a user friendly job search engine I would say give it a try, makes life much easier and the results are displayed well. There are quite a few out there that are OK, but I've noticed so many seem to be all style and no substance!

There are loads of resources online now, a lot of them free. I think it's great that all you need is an internet connection and bit of patience to find sites to help you with the job search. I don't know how they are able provide this level of support for free bit I'm thankful, times are tough and free online resources like jobvista.co.uk are great and highly recommended!
  • I.S.
    Options
    Hello guys! Found out an amazing recruiting site...Looks at its beginnings, but...sneak a pick: arca24.com/job/uk

BTW seems focused on UK at this point!
  • nopottopisin
    Options
    i recenltey uploaded cv to mychesterjobs and vacancyhub.co.uk and have received several new job vacancy emails from both

quite impressed thus far

Hugh
  • bob777
    Options
    These are some very imformative links. Thanks so very much. :j
  • lonelyloser
    Options
    I just wanted to ask a question ..my friend is on jsa and I have offered to pay for a few days holiday for us both. Is he entitled to take a break and still get his money? I was told about a 'UP30' form but can't find it anywhere.He has been out of work for the last 12 months and JSA have him in front of a computer for more than 6 hours a day searching for work that 1 million others are going for...PHEW I also need a break!
  • familyguy12
    Options
    wow what a useful post for job seeker... I am going to checkout these every link.

Why are you posting similiar messages on different threads???
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback