Options
1495051525355»

Comments

• magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MKBS wrote: »
    It's interesting that Santander claim their fixed fee account is award winning...

Er yes - sorry, I have awarded them Plonker of the Year for trying to switch me to it.
  • madonnamustache
    Options
    CarolynCh wrote: »
    There will always be a charge at both ends for a foreign payment (I think there might be exceptions with Euros within the EU). It is up to the person sending the payment to say if they want to pay either or both of these charges when they send the payment. If you make it clear in your terms/on your invoice that all bank charges must be paid by the person sending the payment then you should be OK (if your customer follows your terms of course). We rarely have a charge taken off by HSBC as our customers pay at their end.

Hi there - thanks so much for your comment. That sounds reasonable - but HSBC have told me that they DO charge for incoming transfers, while Santander have confirmed that they DO NOT. So I am still confused...
  • cocacolakid
    cocacolakid Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 October 2012 at 4:29PM
    Options
    Hi everyone

I just spoke to Santander to ask why I haven't had a letter yet informing me of forthcoming charges to their business account and they said it is probably as they changed their mind before my letter went out. Apparently those already with an account can keep the free banking with the same terms and conditions.

This is great news for a Friday afternoon!

Edit: Sorry, only read the last page of posts which didn't mention the above. See from previous posts you already know. Still great news and well done to all who campaigned. Maybe their legal dept. told them they couldn't go ahead?
  • Jaxer
    Jaxer Posts: 204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know if it's possible to set-up direct debits on a Santander Business Reserve (deposit) account. It's one of the older versions that isn't available now.

I called up Customer Services who said no, I'd have to do it on the linked current account, but I remember reading somewhere that someone had said they did this.
  • BusinessIsBusiness
    Options
    Jaxer wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's possible to set-up direct debits on a Santander Business Reserve (deposit) account. It's one of the older versions that isn't available now.

I called up Customer Services who said no, I'd have to do it on the linked current account, but I remember reading somewhere that someone had said they did this.

Thats right, you cant with a savings account. Its outlined in the latest Business Reserve (instant access deposit) T&Cs (which works in the same way as reserve accounts with sort codes ending in 27/28/51/55/50 etc. Section 5 Withdrawls of the t&c's states its by electronic bacs transfer or atm's only.

http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/StaticBS?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1223423584200&cachecontrol=immediate&ssbinary=true&maxage=3600
  • cfuk
    cfuk Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    gt94sss2 wrote: »

As per my previous post, consider the HSBC Business Direct Account - its free as long as you stay within certain transactional limits..

Regards
    Sunil

Sadly HSBC have now dropped their free account - any advice on where to go next?
  • euroaccountpls
    Options
    Perhaps - but I doubt they will do it again in a hurry.

If they try we'll reassemble our rag tag navy and send the Spanish Armada packing again!

Should it be reassembled now for santanders new business banking change to new terms and conditions that dont include the Free element.?
  • firehorse_2
    Options
    Hi,

Has everyone else got the letter about free business banking ending?
  • madonnamustache
    Options
    firehorse wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi - it's not ending. It's still free for most day to day transactions. That's what the letter confirms.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,636 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    firehorse wrote: »
    Hi,

My letter says it's actually more free than it was.

Previously had to pay in £1000 per month to avoid £5 fee. Now that isn't needed and transaction limits are above what I'd use.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure