Two Pennies Left

Options

Comments

• Mint1955
    Options
    Boats are so lovely please let us know when we can buy them.
    Sheila
    Living the dream and retired in Cyprus :j

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5105296
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    YoungBaker wrote: »
    Not very MSE or MFW at all..... But tell me your boat painting is for sale please?!?!!!

I love it :)
    Mint1955 wrote: »
    Boats are so lovely please let us know when we can buy them.
    Sheila

Thank you so much guys. The 2 you've seen are for a commission - a friend wanted a boat painting to give to her parents as a Christmas present. I emailed pictures of them to her last night and am nervously waiting her response. Your comments have made me feel a little more relaxed about it because if you guys like them then, hopefully, she will too.

However, as the boats are proving so popular, I will do some more and put them in my shop. If anyone does want to buy though, please contact me beforehand because I'm discounting them for my MS friends.

Thanks again - I love you lot.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    I liked the first boat picture, but I love love love the second! The perspective is amazingly real. Well done you!

And I'm going to crack, could I cheekily ask you to reserve the Bouquet Garni until Oct 15th for me? :o
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Calfuray wrote: »
    I liked the first boat picture, but I love love love the second! The perspective is amazingly real. Well done you!

And I'm going to crack, could I cheekily ask you to reserve the Bouquet Garni until Oct 15th for me? :o

Thank you Cal. There'll be a third boat coming later (if I finish it) which is my personal favourite. There may even be a fourth - just want to increase the chances of my friend liking one of them :o

I am so pleased the Bouquet Garni is going to a good home. It's a favourite of mine too. Have PM'd you.

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 September 2013 at 8:14PM
    Options
    Friend liked the pictures. She's having the fishing boat to give to her parents for Christmas and this one to give to her dad for his birthday in March!

GreySkies_zpsa12323d7.jpg

I'm so pleased (and relieved that she liked them). It's quite nerve-wracking doing a commission. You want the buyer to like what you've done but don't want them to say they like it if they don't. Now I have the thorny issue of what to ask for them. When it was just the one I was going to suggest she paid for dinner next time we had a girls night at Caf£ Roug£. She gets £40 for £10 vouchers from T£$c0 so I thought that would be MS for her and MS for me too. Now it's 2 I don't know what to do. The materials don't cost that much but I have spent a lot of time and effort on them. She is a good friend. What do you think?

In other MS news:
    • no packed lunch for Mr F as he went to an exhibition today
    • my Bouquet Garni has sold to a very lovely and discerning customer :)
    • a neighbour arrived with a gift of about 5kg of plums from his garden. He's also co-ordinating a log order for our little hamlet which should bring the cost down this winter
    • a quick supper of Pasta with Pesto for me tonight as Mr F fancied a couple of pints and has gone to the pub. It was just a bit late for me and we're planning a day out tomorrow.
    It looks as though my Fleabay and painting sales will cover the cost of my art course now so I'm very pleased. Off now to research Plum recipes - remember seeing a very tasty looking Crumble over on Greyings thread ;)

Hope you have a fabulous weekend you fabulous people

Fortune x
  • southerndave
    Options
    Not an 'art' person, but nice pics.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Not an 'art' person, but nice pics.

Thank you SD - that's the best feedback an artist can get.

Fortune x
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh my, thats very tricky about the pricing. What are the issues ... your own skill, your original talent (those are different!), the work you've put into learning, the materials, how big they are, whether they're framed or not ... people on your art course, is anyone else already selling stuff? You're on etsy, I think, what are people on there selling similar stuff for?

A brilliant, brilliant "problem" to need a solution for, congratulations!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Friend liked the pictures. She's having the fishing boat to give to her parents for Christmas and this one to give to her dad for his birthday in March!

GreySkies_zpsa12323d7.jpg

I'm so pleased (and relieved that she liked them). It's quite nerve-wracking doing a commission. You want the buyer to like what you've done but don't want them to say they like it if they don't. Now I have the thorny issue of what to ask for them. When it was just the one I was going to suggest she paid for dinner next time we had a girls night at Caf£ Roug£. She gets £40 for £10 vouchers from T£$c0 so I thought that would be MS for her and MS for me too. Now it's 2 I don't know what to do. The materials don't cost that much but I have spent a lot of time and effort on them. She is a good friend. What do you think?

In other MS news:
    • no packed lunch for Mr F as he went to an exhibition today
    • my Bouquet Garni has sold to a very lovely and discerning customer :)
    • a neighbour arrived with a gift of about 5kg of plums from his garden. He's also co-ordinating a log order for our little hamlet which should bring the cost down this winter
    • a quick supper of Pasta with Pesto for me tonight as Mr F fancied a couple of pints and has gone to the pub. It was just a bit late for me and we're planning a day out tomorrow.
    It looks as though my Fleabay and painting sales will cover the cost of my art course now so I'm very pleased. Off now to research Plum recipes - remember seeing a very tasty looking Crumble over on Greyings thread ;)

Hope you have a fabulous weekend you fabulous people

Fortune x

Aw :o You are so sweet FS :) Hope you have a lovely weekend too.

In regards to the picture - I didn't think I could love the picture more than the last one, but this one is my favourite so far. I love the 'moodiness' of it, the colours of the sea and sky. Beautiful, you talented woman, you!

Regarding the price, I would say, start at what you would sell it on Folksy. Bear in mind the price of the current works you have on there, the size of those compared to these ones, and the time it took for those ones compared to the boat pictures. There, you have a rough starting point. Now, you take off 20% for MSE friends, so take 20% off. Then, you have said she is a good friend, so perhaps RL friends get more than 20%? So take off another x percent.

Then you have a realistic price with a healthy discount. If you still feel it is too high or low, you can adjust as necessary. But perhaps this will make you feel less guilty since you know it wasn't a price you plucked out of nowhere, and has some basis?

Cal x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Mr F and I are cosied up in front of the log burner for the first time this Autumn. The wind is howling and the rain is driving outside but we are safe and warm and consoling ourselves with a bottle of red :o

Thankfully the weather held off yesterday as we went to the Weald of Kent Ploughing Match. Just a little drizzle to contend with.

So MS for the weekend:
    • neighbour confirmed the log order - £750 for 20 tonne between 4 of us. And our local farmer has said that we can keep it in his field until the boys can get together to cut it up and move it :T
    • £10 entry to the Ploughing Match (£5 each)
    • took a packed lunch ;)
    • Mr F had a couple of beers and I had a glass of wine in the beer tent - his treat :A
    • £3.50 for 4 very pretty and delicious cup cakes to have with coffee when we got home
    • invited neighbours-across-the-lane over for drinks and nibbles. £28 on beer :eek: That's what you get when you leave Mr F alone in the off licence. Neighbours brought a bottle of white and a bottle of red. Drank two bottles of white in total so are 1 white down and 1 red up
    • baked Parmesan and Poppy Seed Biscuits and Cheddar Gourgere to accompany said beer
    • Mr F has been busy doing garden and house chores today. He put up the 3 pictures we brought back from Madeira and my 2 bee pictures which started me on this painting journey - they'll also be special to me now
    • he also changed the washer on the bathroom tap as it was dripping. However, it turns out that the cartridge has gone and we need a new one. In the meantime we have no hot water tap in the bathroom sink :( The cartridges have a 12 year (yes, year!) guarantee so it won't cost to replace it
    • I had a lovely day painting another boat which I'm very happy with. Will list it in the Folksy shop tomorrow. That might be the last boat picture for a little while now as ...
    • a friend saw the sailing boat picture on FB and has asked me to paint his vintage Rolls Royce! That'll be a challenge!
    • started a letter to the F0$ outlining Mr F's job descriptions for the MPI claim
    • Bean & Vegetable Casserole with Herb Dumplings from the meal plan for supper tonight. Just the thing for this miserable weather
    I hope you are all warm, dry and happy this evening

Fortune x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure