Textbroker - Writing for money (not vouchers)

Options

Comments

• googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sommer43 wrote: »
    Ah, you're blocked...

Give them a shove.

E-mailed them already, they've replied, but I'm not unblocked yet...
  • tyroneshoelaces
    Options
    I am also now blocked so I have just sent an email to them.
  • tyroneshoelaces
    Options
    have now been reviewed so now I can carry on writing!
  • tyroneshoelaces
    Options
    can I ask a few question to all of you who write along with a full time job?

How much do you make on average a month doing this?

I have still been rated at a 3 star level after submitting my 5th article, I am not bothered by this at all, and I am just going to keep writing, what tips could you give to getting more articles done?

Thanks
  • googler
    edited 7 December 2012 at 11:31AM
    Options
    have now been reviewed so now I can carry on writing!

Only 2 hours or so for you, I'm still waiting a day or so later... Grrr
  • tyroneshoelaces
    Options
    wow it seems as though mine have been done pretty quickly then. Hopefully yours will get sorted soon.
  • googler
    Options
    googler wrote: »
    Only 2 hours or so for you, I'm still waiting a day or so later... Grrr

Two of the luggage orders from a couple of days ago waiting to be accepted by client, and textbroker say;

"I will ensure that your work is reviewed as soon as possible once all articles have been accepted by the client. The orders can only then be rated, as we only review the completed articles"
  • GreyhoundAngel
    Options
    Feeling a little disheartened atm - I joined and was given the 3* initial rating, but I've yet to see any assignments at this level let alone snag any. :(

From reading earlier posts, it seems I missed a few posted earlier in the week. I regularly check in, but guess I'm not timing it right ?

I was wondering - Do Team order assignments get included in the review / rating process ?

Angel
    ~ On the Road to Making Dreams Happen ~
    January £10 a Day Challenge £ 0.00 / £750 - (Running Total £1,512.11)
    52 Week Challenge £ 0.00 / £1,378

Debt Owed £23,200 / £19,251 - Mtge Owed Bal £140,000 / £130,940 - Total Debt Balance Owed : £163,200 / £150,191
  • googler
    Options
    Ian4996 wrote: »
    Couple questions though - firstly, how often does your work tend to get knocked back? Putting the work in for 2 or 3 hours only to have someone say 'no, I don't want that' would really hack me off!

And I might be being a bit cynical here, but is there anything to stop someone copying and pasting your work, and then rejecting it, in order to get it for free?

To the first, having written 5 articles thus far, one was knocked back because I'd used two of the keywords 'too much'. The instructions said use them from 1 to 6 times, and I'd used the first exactly 6 times, the other twice! Cut the first one back to 5 times, and removed one instance of the second, article accepted 30mins later. The client can't reject it without specifying a reason, and without giving you at least one chance to revise it. TB look at all rejections, they say, so if you're unhappy if it gets rejected second time, you can put your case to TB after the event.

To the second, if you do get an article rejected after revision, keep the text on file for three months then google a few choice phrases. If they come up on a google search, and you reckon your article has been used, take it up with TB.
  • googler
    Options
    Amys wrote: »
    They also like hyphens. For example, when writing about hotels I used the phrase 24 hour reception, they wanted it phrased as 24-hour.

Quite right, too.

Can it be a "24 reception" ? No.
    Can it be an "hour reception" ? No.

Therefore, it can't be a "24 hour reception", it needs to be compounded - "24-hour reception", in the same way as "densely populated town" has to be "densely-populated town"

Compound Adjectives.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport