PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparedness for when

Options

Comments

• Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hmmmm, I think I will try not chopping back my raspberry bushes this year, as last couple of years the crop has been pathetic. I have applied the ignore theory to house plants with some success - I find frequent watering is the kiss of death to them.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    elantan I'd get a hearthrug down there smartish pet if you don't want to ruin your carpet! Very nice stove :)
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 March 2014 at 7:43PM
    Options
    siegemode wrote: »

We have a couple of these, one each kept in the door pockets. Torch, seat belt cutter and window breaker. also has a magnetic bottom so can be placed on the side of the car as a warning and also flashes or can be used as an ordinary torch.

AA 3-in-1 Emergency Beacon

3-in-one-Emergency-beacon.jpg

Thanks for recommending these Siegemode. I now have two also in my car door pockets. I love them.

(Also they might serve to defend yourself against any road rage attacks.)
  • Frugalsod
    Frugalsod Posts: 2,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you have a source of wood then they can be very handy especially if you are remote. Apart from being able to cook they can heat the room, which is not so good in the summer. Still worth getting though.
    It's really easy to default to cynicism these days, since you are almost always certain to be right.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    El, its looking lovely! And it has a lift up top so you can cook! Great stuff :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Si_Clist
    Si_Clist Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    nuatha wrote: »
    Council disposal site, in batches of half a dozen, surprising how heavy car batteries are in bulk.

Ooooooh you couldn't get away with that at our dump. After the second half dozen there'd be lots of sucking in of breath through pursed lips and shaking of heads and so forth 'cos the Uberdumpenfuhrer would have you down as Trade ... :eek:
    A positive attitude won't solve all your problems, but with luck it'll annoy enough people to make the effort worthwhile.
  • Perplexed_Pineapple
    Options
    craigywv wrote: »
    hi, I ignore them, I don't fuss just leave them be,plenty of water and sun and that's it. my sister is a qualified landscape gardner thing tree surgeon etc... and she cuts hers down every year and gets a pathetic return on them, I gave up even cutting them down and I get a great load every year. she cant understand this my motto is if it aint broke don't fix it. maybe just let them do their own thing as they would in the wild and see what happens hth xxxx I am no big gardener just a potterer so will prob get grilled for doing that once a proper gardener comes along.
    That sounds like my kind of gardening! I've already hacked back last year's growth but will give your technique a go next year. Thanks for that. Soft fruit is not my thing, it's all a learning experience though
  • Si_Clist
    Si_Clist Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    All this talk of raspberry pruning rang a bell with me, on account of The Lady Wife has been vexed for years by her inability to grow raspberries properly. She can get just about any other fruit or veg to perform, but not raspberries.

She spent ages with all her fruit-growing books and even longer smurfing the interwebs last year to get some decent clues as to what the problem was, and eventually got all excited when she found this PDF

Apparently it's all down to when you prune, and whether your raspberries are Primocanes or Floricanes, which you find out by looking up which the variety you're trying to grow is.

I am told that the key to it all is in the first para of the second page ...

Hope that helps somebody a bit :)
    A positive attitude won't solve all your problems, but with luck it'll annoy enough people to make the effort worthwhile.
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi El, stove looks FAB

Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • paidinchickens
    paidinchickens Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    Options
    Si_Clist wrote: »
    All this talk of raspberry pruning rang a bell with me, on account of The Lady Wife has been vexed for years by her inability to grow raspberries properly. She can get just about any other fruit or veg to perform, but not raspberries.

She spent ages with all her fruit-growing books and even longer smurfing the interwebs last year to get some decent clues as to what the problem was, and eventually got all excited when she found this PDF

Apparently it's all down to when you prune, and whether your raspberries are Primocanes or Floricanes, which you find out by looking up which the variety you're trying to grow is.

I am told that the key to it all is in the first para of the second page ...

Hope that helps somebody a bit :)

I know just the person that needs this, thanks x

PiC x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills