"Access" credit card ppi claim address?

Options
Hiyah, just hoping someone out there can help me please :wave:. Years ago I had an Access card, it must have been back in the early 1990's, I know that the Access card was introduced to compete with Visa and has I believe now been taken over by Mastercard but I'm not 100% sure.
Thing is, I dont know where to send an application to claim back missold ppi on my old credit card, does anyone here know of a UK address for Access or as its now known Mastercard please?:D xx

Comments

• burty8899
    burty8899 Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    hi,

unless you have paperwork for this then i would forget it. the banks most likely will have 0 records of your account.

also you need to have a pretty solid reason for a mis sale with hard evidence as this was so long ago
  • jaspersparkle1
    Options
    Hi thanks for the advice but I will persist with it as I have with Nationwide and MBNA both of whom initially wrote to me denying misselling, I had since filed a case with the Ombudsman and have been informed by the Ombudsman that both are now going to contact me with offers of compensation.

So I'm looking for info on contact details for Access card as it was or Mastercard who I believe took them over, I cant seem to find a UK address for Mastercard, so that's why I posted here, not really to get an opinion on whether it was viable to claim. The money saving expert info states that most companies have their past customer details, just an address is enough to make a claim as many people have lost or misplaced their account details, basically my advice is if in doubt put in a claim.
  • burty8899
    Options
    from the time your talking about i doubt they have any records at all, but if you insist on trying without any of your own paperwork then good luck perhaps somebody else will have an address for you
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Access was a brand name used by Lloyds, NatWest and Midland Banks along with Royal Bank of Scotland.

You would need to complain to whichever one of them sold it.

However, Access only existed from 1972 to 1996, when most people still did not have internet access (excuse the pun) to the internet and so an online application would not have been available - so no pre-ticked boxes.

It is almost certain that whichever bank sold it will no longer have records so I think even if you had PPI, which I suspect you did not, there is realistically no chance of a successful complaint.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It is almost certain that whichever bank sold it will no longer have records so I think even if you had PPI, which I suspect you did not, there is realistically no chance of a successful complaint.
    Yeah, 1996 was 16 years ago. I'd say there was precisely zero chance of a successful complaint from this long ago.
  • burty8899
    Options
    OP says early 1990's so possibly 20+ years!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    burty8899 wrote: »
    OP says early 1990's so possibly 20+ years!
    Yeah 1996 was the latest he could have it.
    Lots of posters with "barrel scraping" potential complaints today...
    I'm glad I don't work for FOS!
  • burty8899
    Options
    must admit it annoys me a little, wasting the FOS time with stuff like this whilst the genuine complaints take an age!

no offence to the OP
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,461 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Access name was abolished in 96 so this could easily be an 1970s or 80s case. Well before any period of regulation.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    burty8899 wrote: »
    must admit it annoys me a little, wasting the FOS time with stuff like this whilst the genuine complaints take an age!
    It's the CMC fraudulent claims that are clogging the system so much, at least this is genuine in the sense that the OP had the card. Some CMC complaints have been submitted for people who have no account with the Bank.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure