PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

make do and mend for tougher times

Options

Comments

• fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks MrsL Going to cook up a storm in the way of jackets now. My sister was saying just yesterday that she buys frozen jacket potatoes (pack of 4 for £2)... huh? It had me wondering if it was possible to do my own for much, much less.

I'll put the halogen to good use then ;)

Going to finally get that treacle tart done for tea. :)

DH has gone to get me backing paper for the porch walls.

We're going to Hadrian's Wall tonight to see the light show but this afternoon BB picking :)

Bird cake now.

I would also like to know what the winter predictions are. I have not heard one person mention mild though so I think we must be in for a rough one. :( We'll cope huh?!
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Didn't they say last year's winter was going to be really bad too though?
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    some more tinned sweetcorn before prices go silly-high.

GQ - I'm just back from a trip to MrT's, yup I know how to live the high life me, and was pleasantly surprised to see their value tins of sweetcorn have gone DOWN 2 p, back to 33p :)
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mrs veg plot - I am stocking up on pasta, rice, cereals, coffee,tea bags, sugar, jammy dodgers (DS has a major obsession/reliance on them) and also curly wurlys(DS newest obsession after the cadbury trip)!!!

Am hoping to be able to clear out the little freezer in the utility room and also store cheese and as much meat as I can.
  • kidcat
    Options
    I have had two emails for the thread telling me that Mardatha and fuddle have posted in last ten minutes but I cant see them?
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Not me, I haven't posted in a while, been making chilli, birdcake and doing my facial war paint ;)
  • kidcat
    Options
    fuddle wrote: »
    Not me, I haven't posted in a while, been making chilli, birdcake and doing my facial war paint ;)

I think the email notification thingy is having a bad day!! :D:j
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    Quickie from me for now dehydrating tomatoes today so pleased they're finally decided to ripen but the peppers are looking really naff :( I'm not keen on green ones but have just about given up hope of any juicy red ones this year.
    Its dull,dank and musty here today very autumnal its making me want to hunker down for winter already!

Shropshirelass I really love the book and its a bargain for £6.99 I think

We grew mostly Anya this year and they've been fabulous so far no sprouting or disintegrating like last year so hopefully the homegrown spuds will help us out for a while.

I got hessian sacks for mine cheap from the garden centre in the midst of winter last year but if you have a little corner shop nearby that sells potatoes in those plastic sacks they come in a big paper sack usually and they're often ok with you asking for them :D

Have a great day all XX
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am experiencing severe envy pangs FUDDLE I saw the lights on Hadrians Wall on the News this morning, enjoy them for me I thought they were beautiful. One of these summers Nell (DD1) and I are going to walk the wall as it's something we've always meant to do. I really want to see Vindalanda the Fort and the whole thing would be a good holiday. Hope the littlies and your DH enjoy too. Have a good one Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • savingqueen
    savingqueen Posts: 1,715 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 September 2012 at 1:19PM
    Options
    kidcat wrote: »
    Happy Birthday SDG

Cheapskate - please go see your doctor, sometimes its time for you to be number one, and it sounds as though this is your time.

I have woken up very deflated, am in pain and havent slept well, am worried about school next week and I have yet to respond to yesterdays email from "her".
    My mum called earlier and announced that DS8 had asked to visit them tomorrow and so they were going to buy yet more junk food ready. No thought was made for the fact I am struggling nor was any thought made to the idea I may have plans. She got a bit put out when I told we were not going.
    Most of our lives revolve around the two DS and the rest around the DD, I am unwilling to go down the route of having DS8 dictate where we go and when.

As for the email, I have made a stab at responding but am not really sure if I am getting the right tone. Have saved it to try again. A member of group contacted me yesterday and it was clear by her manner that she knew what had happened and I have been designated the villain. Its all so childish.

sorry for moan but it does help getting it down clearly.

Kidcat - sorry to hear of all your troubles. I always think that when you are a having a bad patch in whatever shape or form, a good patch often follows. Hope your good patch hurries up!

Cheapskate -sorry must have missed the post about your health, whatever it is, please go the docs. Think it might have been for depression or similar - I have been there and going to the docs really helped me. Please go.

take care
    sq:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family