Caz counts it down

Options

Comments

• baglady1
    baglady1 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Caz, sounds like a terrific bargain, agree with the above poster - don't wear it for horsey stuff. Their rugs will do the job, the equine equivalent of cheap & cheerful. Have you worked out Finn's cost per wear? :)
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good on you - you rarely treat yourself :T. The rugby shirt is going back I take it :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you for the reassurance - it is a bit nice: http://www.crewclothing.co.uk/highland-jacket-w53-1433-darktan/

- and no, it won't be going anywhere near the horses :D The rugby shirt might stay as well...http://www.crewclothing.co.uk/gbr-stripe-sweat-waf019-navystripe/

Finn's cost per wear on fly sheets last summer was about £20 for an intact one - Merlin's was £40, which is why they're currently sporting ones with rips in :rotfl: Actually, the poor boys, I took the fly rugs off yesterday evening because we had a nice breeze that was keeping all the flies away. I checked on them before going to bed, breeze still going, horses happy. 1am - thundering hooves up and down the field. After a couple of minutes of it I thought I'd better go and see what was happening and walked out into a CLOUD of midges and two very distressed boys :(:(:(:( Once they get into that state it's quite hard to calm them down enough to stand still for me throw the rug over them. Finn is a bit better than Merlin, he recognises his fly sheet and has made the mental connection about wearing it and being bitten less (though the poor chap has a massive clegg bite on his belly at the moment), but Merlin kept trying to herd him out of the way of the midges.

I eventually wrestled them both into their rugs (fortunately it was still light enough to do it without artificial light, as the battery in my head torch was on its way out and it wouldn't stay switched on), covered their faces in Skin So Soft and went back to the gate only to find the dog had vanished :mad: I went in, got a torch and her lead and went back out to find a small black hound at the back gate, wagging furiously and asking where I'd been! Love her really....(she says, through gritted teeth :p)
  • Baldybear
    Baldybear Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning :) Lovely coat and rugby shirt, great deal. I made your fly spray last night except could only scrounge lavender dettol from my mum, oops, but sprayed it on this morning so fingers and hooves crossed it works :)
  • LAM2011
    LAM2011 Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Fab coat - definitely deserved after all that proof reading.

Luckily flies are not as bad where I am as near you. I had a dressage lesson last night as competing this weekend and it was so hot even at 7pm! I hope it cools a little for the weekend.
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    I too had a lesson at 7:30 and it was stifling hot, felt like there was no oxygen in the air. What a good mammy you are going out at 1am, not that you would have slept if you didn't!

Really like the coat and the rugby shirt too.

Does everyone else at the proof reading company work as hard as you! Well done again x
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    It's quite hard to ignore it when it sounds like there's a cavalry charge going on outside your bedroom window ;) Actually, that's one of the reasons I like having them at home so much, I'm there if something like that happens. I've been down at 2am in my pyjamas putting hay out before, when there's been a sudden unexpected storm in early spring!

The proofreading, well, I was only supposed to be ad-hoc, but was advised that if I was free, to book myself in on both shiftbookers (they have separate ones for transcription and proofreading) and they'd work out in the office where I was most needed. These days, I'm about 90-95% proofreading, which is fine by me :D I think there are four or five people like me (including the proofreading manager, who I think is an employee rather than freelance, but works from home) dealing with the output from over 100 typists.

I actually do have 24 hours off from it now, I'm never booked in for Wednesday afternoons anyway (they forgot again today and started assigning me work for this afternoon - it's so nice to feel wanted :) ) and I'm not booked in for tomorrow morning either because Robbie is coming to trim the boys' feet and that's never less than an hour due to blethering :D
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Love the Highland jacket..well lush as we say down 'ere ;)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's a classic which will,last for years so cost per wear will be pence .....
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Nipping in quickly while I wait for some audio to load up into the transcription software :)

It's been a nice, relaxed day. I was able to slob around in my dressing gown after Mr Minx left for work instead of having to get straight on with proofreading - so I crashed on the sofa and caught up with Catfish and Geordie Shore until nearly 9am :o I then spent nearly an hour with the boys, feeding, sorting fly rugs, scooping poop etc. before strolling into the annexe just before 10 to pack some orders while I waited for Robbie the farrier.

When he hadn't turned up by 10.45, I went to get my phone to text him and found a text asking if I'd mind if he came at lunchtime instead to save having to double back on his route. No probs, so I packed my orders, trundled off to the post office, called in at the neighbours to feed their cats and chickens, sat down to lunch and Robbie promptly appeared. As usual, he refused to take £40 off me and gave me back a tenner along with an invitation to his wedding dance, which is going to be one hell of a party because all his Irish cousins are coming over :D

I logged into my proofreading to find £120-worth of work waiting for me and an email from the co-ordinator that simply read 'I MISSED YOU!!!!!!' :D I'm now working my way through it and thanking my lucky stars that the weather is starting to cool down a little.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure