Options

Comments

• moneycurious
    Options
    Well, disappointing day, just eben told that I didn't get the job. I had a 2 1/4 hour interview , felt really positive as only me and an internal candidate. you guessed it he got the job. They said he knew the team dynamics , and that I was already working at a standard that they wanted to reach in about 6 years tiem...... their loss. Feeling very sorry for myself. was trawling internet for something to buy, but decided to transfer £59.17 across into the mortage as that s a better spend. so, that officially means that I am less than £131,000 as of today. May still make the less that £130,00 by march?!

OH owes me £100, as I went to [EMAIL="N@xt"]N@xt[/EMAIL] and got him some new boots last night , and then he wanted some t shirt ( designer of course....) but got them from t k [EMAIL="m@xx"]m@xx[/EMAIL] and he was chuffed that he got 3 for the price of one. I also got a shirt in anticipation for the new job .

aim of tonight is to go through the OH's wardrobe and clear out stff that doesn't fit / look right and then next week I can weigh it in.
    right hound needs a walk ttfn xx
    Dec 2011 £141,000 / dec 2013 £135,000/ Jan 2014 £131,000 / July 2014 £129 000
  • LauraJo
    LauraJo Posts: 1,041 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aw hard luck on the job :(
    I do truly believe it was meant to be and something better will come up. Glass of wine needed tonight me thinks....
    Mortgage starting balance 2011 ... £170k today £1.5k
    Savings: £3k
    Aim: 100k by Dec 2021
  • littlegreenpeas
    Options
    Sorry about the interview, the fact you were in for such a long time means you gave a good interview. You can use this skill in a job that you can excel in. I am most impressed that you didn't go on a spending spree to cheer yourself up. :rotfl::j:A:A:j.

Lazy soak or shower in order and wine if you like it
    Lgp x
    Mortgage value was £135,000 now £43,218
    TCB total £1200
  • moneycurious
    Options
    well, after all that I have got another knock - over qualified...... grrr. I must admit I did go on a spend and bout a dress for a very posh 40th we are attending , houwever oh said he will buy as a lack of luster on valentines day. in a pickle. not sure if to pay £1,000 off my mortage to get it under the £130,000 mark by 1st march or if to leave it where it is. my car is playing up and so thinking of getting anew one, been offered a good price for mine, but if the new job front comes up I will be going for it I think. Had big discussions with Oh about things and plans and we have both said that we are focus on saving this year...... you know what I am going to pay that £1,000 off now , this will make me even more determined to get the pennies together asap. x
  • moneycurious
    Options
    DEVELOPMENTS!!!

sorry for the time away, been interviewing - GOT a job..... ms isout the window as need new clothes.... only 12 months fixed term but hey ho...
    and me a oh are doing a barn up at his families house so all do ..... rather a shock but sooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!

please can any one offer any advice as to 12 month fixed term as maternity??? xx
  • littlegreenpeas
    Options
    Blimey no wonder no diary developments. Fantastic news on the job and the barn.
    If you are buying new clothes remember the tcb
    Lgp x x
    Mortgage value was £135,000 now £43,218
    TCB total £1200
  • moneycurious
    Options
    well , life is spinning along nicely. I have budgeted for the lesser income and should be fine, I can be good when on a budget so its just about tightening the rains again. I have had a costly years o just head down now.
    working mon - fri will also allow me to do the other job alittle more frequently and also get abit of OT in on my flexi days off...... she says!!!

I think I went crazy with the shopping for new work stuff , re organised the wardrobe and down graded some stuff to work things, and also ordered a lot.... waiting for it to arrive and I will assess the damage and be good and send some back. To be honest sent some bits back yesterday to that didn't do anything fro me......
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Fantastic news on the new job! Well done you :D So glad it turned around so quickly :)
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • moneycurious
    moneycurious Posts: 446 Forumite
    Options
    Hello. Not sure where the times gone. I have settled into work now. My savings pot is getting impressively big. Now living on a strict budget. I have had a few issues at work as I had booked strike day off as leave and people are saying I should give it back and go in paid.ni know it sounds daft but those pennies are all accounted for.

Started dare I say it Christmas shopping yesterday. Got 4 crew shirts for twenty pounds each plus a jack jones for the same price, a miss sixty handbag for twenty pound and then some ted baker shoes for thirty quid. Now just going to hit fleabag and see if there are any bits knocking about. Sounds silly but got the next few weeks of presents out on the side to wrap up , got two weddings, two birthdays, and a christening. Still hot one present got mother bear to get ASAP. Off to Vegas in a fe weeks , and the bruge in dec. but still managing to op with tt , it's the aim to get to 20k by dec , and got 12730 so far since March last year I am very impressed with myself!

Anyways best get wrapping these bits and hunting for bargains xxxxx ttfn xx
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow, well done with the saving, you're doing great!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure