Any success with using the reselling scheme.

Options
It would be helpful if anyone who has sold their tickets back to the scheme could give us info about the experience e.g. How soon did they give you your money back, how do you know if they are sold, how soon did u have to sell them back etc. TIA.

Comments

• emrawkgrrl
    emrawkgrrl Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    I listed some tickets for resale on 20th June and got an email confirmation saying they had sold 8 days later and the money was in my account that same day.
    They hadn't sent the tickets to me at that point so I didn't have to wait to return them to get the money back but they say they will pay you 5-10 days after receiving tickets if you do have them already.
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just resold some Para tix within 3 days of listing. I now have to send the tickets back - what method are people using? They suggest tracked, but I know RM recorded can be hit & miss, and doesn't cover the value of the tickets.
    I'm considering collect plus as it's cheaper than SD.
  • ukdolfan
    ukdolfan Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I've just resold some Para tix within 3 days of listing. I now have to send the tickets back - what method are people using? They suggest tracked, but I know RM recorded can be hit & miss, and doesn't cover the value of the tickets.
    I'm considering collect plus as it's cheaper than SD.

Sent a Rowing Final ticket back yesterday, Guaranteed Next Day Special Delivery (taking no chances), after I managed to get hold of a prized Track Cycling Finals ticket and wouldn't have got from Dorney to Olympic Park in 2 hours after waiting for Park and Ride at Dorney:-(
  • lonestarfan
    lonestarfan Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have tickets for Fencing which I think i'd like to sell back but having checked the events still available today there are plenty of tickets for fencing still for sale so I take that to mean that it's unlikely mine will resell anyway. Am I understanding this correctly that I list them and if they don't sell then I just keep the tickets and carry on using them? I don't actually give the tickets back until they sell do I? TIA.
  • ukdolfan
    ukdolfan Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I have tickets for Fencing which I think i'd like to sell back but having checked the events still available today there are plenty of tickets for fencing still for sale so I take that to mean that it's unlikely mine will resell anyway. Am I understanding this correctly that I list them and if they don't sell then I just keep the tickets and carry on using them? I don't actually give the tickets back until they sell do I? TIA.

The original tix r void the second u submit them for resale.
    If they don't sell u will get notification that u can pick up new tickets at the venue
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I put up two football tickets for Wembley up for resale. One resold within a few days and I got an immediate credit on my credit card - quite impressive. The other remains un-sold.
  • barbarawright
    barbarawright Posts: 1,846 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

There's only a handful of fencing tickets on sale now so I'm sure you'll be fine reselling. Blocks of tickets are still being released but they're getting snapped up almost immediately.
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    I was thinking of doing this but I'm worried about the faff involved in getting new tickets if they don't sell...
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • lonestarfan
    lonestarfan Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    Options
    liz-paul wrote: »
    I was thinking of doing this but I'm worried about the faff involved in getting new tickets if they don't sell...
    Thanks everyone - although I've decided that we will use them after all. The faff as liz-paul says was a bit off putting aswell but we've decided we can make it work as the fencing goes on til 4pm. More tickets are being released apparently but still not for the sports we wanted. We ended up with football as well but have decided to keep them although they probably wouldn't re sell anyway lol as they've got too many and are reducing capacity! Not unexpected really.
  • bsticky
    bsticky Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    I have just received an email my tickets were resold successfully but I haven't physically received them as I chose to collect from Stratford office.

Does anyone know if I have to still pick them up and then return them by post to actually get the refund?

If so, it is ridiculous.
    At the very least, surely the collection office should be able to accept returns directly?

I have emailed this query but I am guessing response time could be weeks.

Calling is also not very appealing as I do not want to be on hold for an hour.

Seeing they have advised up to 28 days to return money, how much money are they making on the extra money that are not theirs due to the resale process?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure