We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help - inserting a DVD clip into Powerpoint
sashanut
Posts: 3,252 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi all:j
I'm hoping one of you lovely people on here can help me with a problem I've got inserting a DVD clip into a Powerpoint presentation?
I've never used PowerPoint before & foolishly agreed to do a presentation in 5 days' time using it. I've managed to find my way around it fairly OK - by dint of trial & error, but I want to insert 2 short video clips into the finished article. I can insert the video sample supplied with the PC no problem, but it refuses to see the DVD I've put on there to use. I think it's because they are differing formats - the clip on the PC has a .wmv file entension whereas the one I want to use has the VOB extension or file name. Can I convert this so that I can use it does anyone know please??? Or should I just give up now:eek: & get the hell out LOL??
TIA if anyone can help:T
I'm hoping one of you lovely people on here can help me with a problem I've got inserting a DVD clip into a Powerpoint presentation?
I've never used PowerPoint before & foolishly agreed to do a presentation in 5 days' time using it. I've managed to find my way around it fairly OK - by dint of trial & error, but I want to insert 2 short video clips into the finished article. I can insert the video sample supplied with the PC no problem, but it refuses to see the DVD I've put on there to use. I think it's because they are differing formats - the clip on the PC has a .wmv file entension whereas the one I want to use has the VOB extension or file name. Can I convert this so that I can use it does anyone know please??? Or should I just give up now:eek: & get the hell out LOL??
TIA if anyone can help:T
New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
0
Comments
-
(I'm not a video expert...)
One way may be to convert the DVD to another format, say MP4, and then embed that into ppt.
I use Handbrake (comes top if you google it) to convert my DVDs to MP4 for streaming around the house, so that may work for you. Has lots of options, but the defaults seem to work for me
0 -
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards