Forum Home » Savings & Investments » ISAs & Tax-free Savings

Cash ISAs: The Best ISAs Currently Available List

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

edited 6 April at 12:39AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
4.6K replies 1.4M views
Kazza242Kazza242 Forumite
1.9K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 6 April at 12:39AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings

**Please note: The list of ISAs I have compiled below is continually updated. New ISAs are added as they launch and withdrawn ISAs will be removed from the list. Updates to the list are made during the evening.**

The current Cash ISA limit is £20,000 for the 2020/21 tax year.

**As with any financial product, before opening a NISA do ensure that you have read and understood the terms and conditions.**

Variable Rate Cash NISAs for 'new money' only (i.e. they don't accept transfers in):

All rates are subject to change without notice. Please check all rates and terms before investing.

If you can think of an NISA I have missed please do send me a PM.
Please call me 'Kazza'.

Replies

• SeanWSeanW Forumite
    322 posts
    Bradford & Bingley eISA, 5.55%, £1000 minimum, rate guaranteed to match BoE base rate until June 2007, accepts transfer in.
  • SeanWSeanW Forumite
    322 posts
    Bradford & Bingley eISA, 5.55%, £1000 minimum, rate guaranteed to match BoE base rate until June 2007, accepts transfer in.
  • Mr_MumbleMr_Mumble Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Superb work Kazza. :T

For those looking for a longer term perhaps this 4 year deal:
      Halifax Fixed Rate ISA Saver - 6.00%
      Minimum deposit: £3,000. Max £33,000. Transfers in requests accepted. Earlier access on closure only on 30 day notice + 180 day loss of interest.
      "The state is the great fiction by which everybody seeks to live at the expense of everybody else." -- Frederic Bastiat, 1848.
    • humferhumfer Forumite
      1.8K posts
      ✭✭✭
      Great post kazza. Someone should make this a sticky. Still planning to transfer my A&L to Abbey, but my new money 07/08 now looks like its heading to Barclays and not NS&I anymore. I wonder if we will see any other banks/building societys upping their game before the end of the tax year....
    • Abbey is looking good for me aswell.

I'm just wondering what to do with 07-08 allowance, have noted a few people transferring and opening new ISA's.. Is it not be more beneficial to put it into your existing ISA as the balance will be higher?
    • TechnautTechnaut Forumite
      38 posts
      thanks for posting this. I have spent the best part of the day fretting over which one to choose and have been all over the internet looking. Its good to have them all in one place to compare
    • RayWolfeRayWolfe Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
      3K posts
      Well done Kazza.
      Will you undertake to do one for after 6th April for those of us who are already committed for 2006/7? ;-)
    • Kazza242Kazza242 Forumite
      1.9K posts
      ✭✭✭
      RayWolfe wrote: »
      Well done Kazza.
      Will you undertake to do one for after 6th April for those of us who are already committed for 2006/7? ;-)

If I've recovered from my RSI by then, then maybe ;-)
      Please call me 'Kazza'.
      1.9K posts
      ✭✭✭
      jenyking wrote: »
      Abbey is looking good for me aswell.

I'm just wondering what to do with 07-08 allowance, have noted a few people transferring and opening new ISA's.. Is it not be more beneficial to put it into your existing ISA as the balance will be higher?

In some cases you are right, it can be more beneficial, especially if the new 07/08 allowance takes the total ISA balance up to e.g. £9K or above (qualifying amount for the 5.75% rate from Abbey). This year there seem to be more competitive 'new money' isa's available, which tend to offer better rates that those that accept transfers in.

At the moment my total isa balance is with one provider, but this year I will open a 'new money' ISA because the difference in rate makes it worthwhile.
      Please call me 'Kazza'.
      1.9K posts
      ✭✭✭
      As some people have asked me to request that this thread be made a sticky I have done so. I intend to update the list as new ISA's are launched/withdrawn.
      Please call me 'Kazza'.