We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Norton 360 v6
Comments
-
I remember posting a picture with 2 lads with a bargepole in response to a post by AlienRik and Busenbust (PPR'd) :cool:It's the bargepole I wouldn't touch Norton with (even if they were paying me to use it!)4.8kWp 12x400W Longhi 9.6 kWh battery Giv-hy 5.0 Inverter, WSW facing Essex . Aint no sunshine ☀️ Octopus gas fixed 5.07 + Octopus Intelligent Flux leccy
CEC Email energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
debitcardmayhem wrote: »I am at least still persevering with Kaspersky and not pooh poohing without good reason nor proving your point of view.
I'm a professional PC engineer and system builder, so I deal with every generation of Norton on an almost daily basis. It is bloated, resource-hungry, not particularly effective compared with the competition(including some free packages) and expensive. It's better than it was in, say, 2005, but it's still rotten - only last week I had to remove it from a system after a restore to factory settings, because its antispam module had decided to block the connections to the pop servers. It didn't ask, it didn't even bother to notify anyone, it just decided to eat the system alive.I have several copies of Norton 2009 that I received as part of a bundle with some Netgear routers, but they will never see the light of day because I wouldn't inflict Norton or McAfee on my worst enemy.
Nor was I just rubbishing your decision - I enquired what issues you were having in a bid to offer assistance, and also included the suggestion you either ask their tech support dept to sort it or request a refund.
People do exist who found Windows Me and Vista a pleasure to use. They're just in quite a severe minority
0 -
Well the current edition of Norton NIS seems to run quite effectively on my early 2005 dated Dell Dimension computer without slowing it down.....all most strange.
http://www.av-comparatives.org/en/comparativesreviews/dynamic-tests
Last available full report whole product dynamic tests
Summary page 13 of the PDF
Best were Symantec, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Qihoo, F-secure, G-Data0 -
Norton gave me no problems at all.Kaspersky is giving me a blank screen and stopping the internet connection,it is also telling me about keyloggers on my system but isn't finding them in a scan0
-
I must be using a different Norton to these. The version I have runs smoothly (NIS) and has done for over three years now.I deal with every generation of Norton on an almost daily basis. It is bloated, resource-hungry, not particularly effective compared with the competition(including some free packages) and expensive.
It has:
* Idle time scanning
* Password Safe
* Site safety ratings that work with with Google, Yahoo and Bing search engines.
* Browser extensions for IE, Firefox and Chrome (means that the above functions work within a sandboxed browser - Sandboxie)
* Very quiet - I'd hardly know it's there.
I know other suites provide the above but why change when what I have runs OK?
That might not be a fair comparison as regards Norton. I think for every person who finds Norton is bad and then writes about it on forums, or takes it to a repair shop, there must be many thousands more who get on OK with it. They remain silent.People do exist who found Windows Me and Vista a pleasure to use. They're just in quite a severe minorityError! - Keyboard not attached. Press any key to continue.0 -
Gave up on Krapersky and gone back to Norton,no problems now.Krapersky must be the worst i have ever had and over the years i tried a few.0
-
I too have not had any issues with Norton (been using NIS). I have installed it on my duaghters' laptop and my desktop - it runs with absolutely minimal maintenance and we've never had any problems with it.
In relation to the price currently being offered by Norton - it's hard to beat (at least I can't find it cheaper from a reputable supplier). Also, the Norton offers don't last for ever - I looked at this site last week and the NIS version was being sold for 50% off. And it's a cheaper than the Norton renewal price.
One question I'd like to ask - does anybody know if I can buy it without activating now (ie, not starting the year's subscription). My daughters' subscriptions expires in 2 months time. I'd like to buy it now and installed in on their machines when the current subscription expires.Never let it get you down... unless it really is as bad as it seems.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
