OSPS - are tariff downgrades allowed?

michaels
michaels Posts: 27,949
Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
E2Save make it clear that tariff downgrades after 6 months will invalidate the 12m cashback. Evenything I have from OSPS makes it look like tariff downgades after the network min period willl not invalidate cashback.
Can anyone confirm this?
Is it likely to change following the CPW takeover?
I think....

Comments

• cheghead
    cheghead Posts: 849 Forumite
    As far as I'm aware you can downgrade. Shouldn't make any difference CPW taking over. When I downgraded on an Orange (with CPW) deal I also checked with Orange and they checked it was ok. They seemed to know what the cashback terms were or at least the operator said she was double checking it was ok to downgrade. Would be worth checking with OSPS of course. It least that's what I'm gonna do as I intend to change tarrif as well.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,949
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The reason e2save don't allow tariff downgrades is they are on revenue share with the operator - hence they lose out if you spend less even after the normal six month clawback perriod - hence my question now cpw own osps
    I think....
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    'It is important that you remain on your chosen tariff for the following periods
    Orange, Three, O2 and Vodafone 6 months
    T-Mobile 11 months
    After this period you are free to change your tarif without penalty'

This is from my OSPS T&C (Jan, Feb). Check yours.
  • kazd
    kazd Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    I bought my phone on BT tariff through e2save, I purchased it via rpoints and at the time the thread said that we could downgrade after our second redemption which incidentally is 3 and 6 mths. I have noticed that the redemptions are 6 and 12 now. I have just chased my six month redemption today because it hadn't taken place. The money was sitting on my account but hadn't been paid because I had recently had a new debit card, they didn't think to email me though to ask for the new numbe!
    £2.00 Savers Club = £34.00 So Far

+ however may £2 coins I have saved in my Terramundi since 2000.

Terramundi weighs 8lb 5oz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport