Southampton Yodel Depot

Options
Maharishi
Maharishi Posts: 230 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hello there, I wish I'd seen all the information here before deciding to use these people...

I posted an item using the Parcel2Go website and selecting the Yodel quote. The item was collected from me and then scanned out on 8th June from the Southampton Depot, to go to the destination in Manchester. However, the scan didn't say where it was going, just 'out'. And it has not been seen or heard of since. Contacting Parcel2Go is nearly impossible and they already are saying that it is considered 'lost'. I didn't insure it so they are limiting the loss (if that's what it is), to £20 whereas the actual worth was £120. So;

1. Does anyone know the address for Yodel Southampton?
2. Can I sue P2G for the full value
3. Any other relevant advice

Here's the tracking record;

08/06/2012 18:18:00Despatched from SOUTHAMPTON DEPOT Depot: SOUTHAMPTON DEPOT
07/06/2012 17:41:28No details available SOUTHAMPTON DEPOT Depot: SOUTHAMPTON DEPOT
07/06/2012 15:24:00Collected from SOUTHAMPTON VAN Depot: SOUTHAMPTON VAN
06/06/2012 23:52:36Received into SOUTHAMPTON DEPOT Depot: SOUTHAMPTON DEPOT
06/06/2012 14:22:19LI Update CALL CENTRE Depot: CALL CENTRE
06/06/2012 00:00:00Collect request rcvd CALL CENTRE Depot: CALL CENTRE

Thank you.

Comments

• RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,028 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    From past experience (I stopped using Yodel last October/November was finally refunded on a lost parcel from then in March!) you'll be wasting your time trying to get in touch with Yodel. I'd hammer on at Parcel2Go until they either tell you where your parcel is or what happened to it.

As for insurance, etc, you may be on a loser there, it depends on the terms and conditions and if you can find out what happened. Some time ago, not with Yodel, the courier admitted to throwing the box over a fence and then it was stolen, the courier wouldn't pay out as they claimed the goods in the box were exempt from their insurance. I pointed out that they were totally culpable and it was irrelevant what was in the parcel, after some fuss they eventually paid up.
  • Maharishi
    Maharishi Posts: 230 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    RFW wrote: »
    From past experience (I stopped using Yodel last October/November was finally refunded on a lost parcel from then in March!) you'll be wasting your time trying to get in touch with Yodel. I'd hammer on at Parcel2Go until they either tell you where your parcel is or what happened to it.

As for insurance, etc, you may be on a loser there, it depends on the terms and conditions and if you can find out what happened. Some time ago, not with Yodel, the courier admitted to throwing the box over a fence and then it was stolen, the courier wouldn't pay out as they claimed the goods in the box were exempt from their insurance. I pointed out that they were totally culpable and it was irrelevant what was in the parcel, after some fuss they eventually paid up.

Hello RF, as the 'scan out' was Friday afternoon, I think that it has been stolen by the driver. The web is chock full of stories about the goings on at Southampton. I want the address of the depot because I intend to 'pay them a visit' and get some answers. I am also in a mind to involve the Police as this looks like blatant theft to me. I want to know the 'destination' of the van, the driver details etc. The goods were unusual and I will be watching eBay like a hawk from now on as well. This isn't over...

Thoughts? And why do Yodel hide their location from us so very very well??
  • BillTrac
    BillTrac Posts: 1,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is Yodel the new name for HDNL? If so they are based in Segensworth East. On the left as you enter the estate from the traffic lights. Also you could try calling 01489 572462.

But be very sure of your facts before accusing the driver of theft.

Not saying it isn't what has happened and I personally am having no end of problems with another courier but you shouldn't jump to conclusions etc etc
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,028 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It is the same company as HDNL, so a quick Google search pops up Home Delivery Network 3 Barnes Wallis Rd Fareham
    PO15 5ST
    T:01489581544

As above though you aren't going to get too far going in accusing them. Have the parcel details and ask who the driver was who took your parcel out (if it ever got that far) and what happened. Your contract, however, is with Parcel2Go so you still need to pursue the matter with them, they will have an account with Yodel so they should be better equipped to pursue the matter.

Personally I would write to Parcel2Go outlining the details and let them know the value of the contents and that you will be pursuing them for the full amount lost and see what happens. Yodel can't refund you as you are not their customer.
  • heronfolder
    heronfolder Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was about to say, it's on Segensworth East.

They're shocking. In the same fortnight back in early April, myself and two friends all had items fail to be delivered from Yodel Southampton. They just arrived at the depot and no more tracking from there.

Thankfully as mine was with Boots.com, it was sorted by them (a complete load of hassle and two long phonecalls mind you). Annoyingly it was the Sanctuary Spa free gift glitch, which meant I lost out on the extra freebies and another item that went out of stock.
    Another friend's order from Lakeland was lost and the re-shipment delayed, which was a right pain as it was a thank you gift for someone leaving. An item that was only available online as well.
    The other friend made two trips down there to find the item, having been told they'd attempted delivery, when it was a complete lie.

Off to read the stories elsewhere online now.

Good luck op.
  • Obviously_the_best
    Obviously_the_best Posts: 4,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 14 June 2012 at 6:52PM
    Options
    Maharishi wrote: »
    I didn't insure it

:eek:

Why not, that was your most stupid mistake. If I were you I'd make good of my losses and learn not to be so stupid. :mad: Why would you do that? This is exactly what insurance is for!!! Unbelievable. Rant Over

Oh, and Southampton's ex HDNL number is 01489 572462, but I don't know the ex DHL Domestic number
  • ukjoel
    ukjoel Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have been to that site in a previous job - think they have been rebranded since then but thought it was really dodgy then. This was when they started farming stuff out to locals to deliver. People just seemed to arrive with estate cars and knackered looking vans and having stuff thrown in them for local delivery. I will always ask an ebay seller who they are sending stuff with now.

Amazon and various other companies seem to factor in this ineptitude and just resend stuff out. We had hundreds of quids worth of stuff go walkabout over xmas. Really frustrating.
  • Obviously_the_best
    Options
    ukjoel, that was an ex DHL domestic depot, however there is also an ex HDNL depot with vans covering the same area. The depot you're talking about still has that system. The problem is which depot is the OPs parcel in?
  • mig1989
    mig1989 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    I am too having trouble with yodel, a parcel worth £400 has been 'lost' and they are denying knowledge of it, lad that sold it has been getting knowhere with a claim and his wife is having to identify driver etc even though they have it tracked so far and disappeared.
  • Carol_H605
    Options
    Hi,

I to am having problems with Yodel Southampton. On tracking my parcel got a message to call customer services. Called the number quoted by someone on this thread and got straight through only to be told that the van my parcel went out on on Friday 15/6/2012 was stolen. When I asked if it had been reported to the police I got a very vague response. Just told me to get back to the company who sent it and they will replace the items free of charge. I have done this but it is from the states so had paid customs entry and import VAT - looks like I will have to pay this again.

2 lessons for me - don't but from Puritans Pride as all their goods are now shipped from the US and NEVER use Yodel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure