We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Firefox 13 much "snappier"?

Not a problem, quite the opposite really.

I have just updated to Firefox 13 from 12 and have really noticed a big difference, everything feels much snappier than the previous version, I know that Mozilla promised it would be, hats off to them.

Anyone else found this to be true?
«13

Comments

  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 7,050
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Just checked that I'm still on 12 and it says ......... "Downloading updates" so ... watch this space!!
  • Mista_C
    Mista_C Posts: 2,202
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've only received the update this evening and while I'm still weighing up the snappier part of things I'm glad they've sorted out the jerky scrolling. It feels smooth, like I'm gliding on ice wearing boots made from whale grease instead of falling head first down a never ending flight of stairs with my face hitting every step on the way.
  • Lincoln_Imp
    Lincoln_Imp Posts: 2,518
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Smooth scrolling as always been an option ,its just that 13 has it set as default
    Have a nice day :)
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 14,512
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Not another Firefox major version!!!

    Can't they just do 12.1, etc. or don't they understand version numbering?
  • Mista_C
    Mista_C Posts: 2,202
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Smooth scrolling as always been an option ,its just that 13 has it set as default

    Yeah but it was done by decreasing the stepping increment of the scrollbar so even though it was smoother it also required more scrolls. That doesn't seem to be the case now.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    prowla wrote: »
    Not another Firefox major version!!!

    Can't they just do 12.1, etc. or don't they understand version numbering?

    What?! Surely you understand that version 13 must be better than 12.1? It's a bigger number, innit? :p

    I feel sorry for those poor Internet Explorer users having to make do with an old fashioned "version 9" browser. Firefox v4 was pretty good, but now we're on v13, you know it's got to be more than three times as "good"! :wall:
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,420
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    esuhl wrote: »
    I feel sorry for those poor Internet Explorer users having to make do with an old fashioned "version 9" browser. Firefox v4 was pretty good, but now we're on v13, you know it's got to be more than three times as "good"! :wall:
    Though not as good as Chrome v19 or course!
    Stompa
  • System
    System Posts: 178,487
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Community Admin
    I much prefer Firefox 13. Yes ive noticed a big difference too from the previous version.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 7,050
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    J_B wrote: »
    Just checked that I'm still on 12 and it says ......... "Downloading updates" so ... watch this space!!

    Got it now ........
    Mista_C wrote: »
    I'm glad they've sorted out the jerky scrolling.

    .... and my only observation so far is that the scrolling in much jerkier :(

    HELP!
    Judi wrote: »
    I much prefer Firefox 13. Yes ive noticed a big difference too from the previous version.

    In what way???
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 12,013
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Stompa wrote: »
    Though not as good as Chrome v19 or course!

    ...and none of the above are as good as Opera has been since 9.xx ;):D
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

    I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.