PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• dizzyditzy
    dizzyditzy Posts: 711 Forumite
    edited 5 July 2012 at 10:44AM
    Options
    Hi All

How long will tinned tuna last if I make it up with salad cream on Sunday eve then keep in tuppaware for packed lunches, will it make it until Friday's packed lunch?

I HATE opening tuna.

:)

xxx

I worked for a well know food business and the EHO advice on tuna(at that time) was 4 days from time of opening in a tupperware in a fridge at 5degrees or lower. However that was without salad cream mixed into it. HTH

Just spent £10.80 in aldi getting fruit and veg for the week. Sirloin steak jumped in my trolley:D It had 50% off so £1.49 for 250g :D Spend so far £41.69 will update signature shortly.

Hope everyone has a good day.
  • kettlenic
    kettlenic Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks I am sure it can still be less
    but have started the spending diaries and we move at the end of the month..so will work out a proper budget and get on with paying off debt

Have cancelled Virgin and we will be going freeview (have also priced them on ebay as opposed to new) so feeling very positive :)
    Love reading the oldstyle board...always something to learn!
  • Bonglecat
    Bonglecat Posts: 220 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just realised that I have been forgetting to include the Milk man in my figures so that means I went over by £34 last month. I haven't had my invoice for this month yet but I will remember to add it on when it come. Ooops
    My Debt Free Diary LBM March 2010
    M&S Credit Card £0
    £2 Coin pot Holiday Savings £76
    [STRIKE]Debt Free by Christmas 2016 No 131 £9155.73/£9155.73 100%[/STRIKE] COMPLETELY DEBT FREE 20th DECEMBER 2016 :j
    Goals for 2017 Emergency Saving fund £2000.12p/£5000 :o
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,121 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done! It's satisfying in itself, but to see debts coming down at the same time, as a result of careful spending makes it even more so. We cancelled Virgin TV package last year....& set up Freeview instead. I haven't missed a single channel. Doing meal plans first, then doing shopping list can save a lot of money......I'm about to do mine for the next fortnight. Keep it up, & you'll have extra cash to throw at your debts.....amazing what you can save once you've got into the debt-busting mindset.
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • KatyReed+5
    KatyReed+5 Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Hey, been lurking for a few days, not posting but have been keeping my sig updated, my spending has got a bit out of control, i'm comfort eating a lot which is pants, and i'm hoping that will stop or at least slow down once the shop in the village stops having choc oranges on offer, i just keep buying them.

The chest freezer i ordered over a week ago still isn't here which is annoying as it was supposed to be here within a week :s

Katy, X
    June £0.00 GC / £200.00
    Family of 4 : 1 adult 3 kids ages 3,4 & 5.
  • kettlenic
    kettlenic Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you. I still have all PPI to claim so really looking forward to getting that going - will have to wait as my right hand is in cast till end of July as I broke my wrist...

Do you need anything ohter than the freeview box (and TV) for it to work? like an arial or dish?
    Love reading the oldstyle board...always something to learn!
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    edited 5 July 2012 at 1:09PM
    Options
    If you have a strong enough signal your present ariel may be enough(but yes you'll need a freeview box)but then again you can buy a tv with Freeview built in to it.

For anyone with Sky if you cancel, the dish and box becomes Freesat. Similar to Freeview but you get more channels than Freeview gives.

Well done on the meal plan, I live alone and I spend roughly the same amount daily on my meals.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • Make-it-3
    Make-it-3 Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Options
    Well made it from Sunday till today without popping into the supermarket. Even when I ran out of mousturiser yesterday, I foraged in my bathroom cabinet for some free samples, rather than pop out.

But I forgot to buy potatoes at the weekend, and the bread had gone mouldy, so had to do top-up shop today. Apart from the necessaries only one naughty purchase (pack of biccies). Total spend £4.32 so now leaving me with £164.98 for the remainder of July.

I like this thread, its keeping me in check - so far :T
    We Made-it-3 on 28/01/11 with birth of our gorgeous DD.
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Spent £14.50 in morrisons this morning but £5of that was on cards for DD1's teachers, so only counting £9.50

I got ham and beef for packed lunches, innocent fruit juice (90p!) half price sugar puffs, lettuce and quorn steaks

Going to asda for a big shop on Saturday, hopefully it won't be too bad. Popping into sainsburys tonight hoping to get some reduced meat :)
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done!

Have you considered joining the grocery challenge? The only real challenge is to keep your grocery shopping down below the target you set for yourself for the month, although many people try to be below last month's amount too.
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure