We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

London Theatre

Options
How do you go about getting tickets for the west End at non-rip-of prices (I'm thinking ££££booking fees here) Want to take DS to see Matilda in November (quoted £250 for 3 seats - yeah! ok!)

Comments

• TonyMMM
    TonyMMM Posts: 3,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Book direct with the theatre if possible - here ...NEVER through a ticket agent, and if you can wait and take a chance - use the tkts half price booth in Leicester Sq on the day.
  • KitKat00
    KitKat00 Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    You can't guarantee the ticket booths but sometimes they phone up the theatres to check the availability of tickets which I would trust. I usually go to the one just around the corner from the station on the Chinatown exit (turn right instead of left and you'll find it)
  • AbsCaveDave
    AbsCaveDave Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    Up to 50% off here If you are already one of the paid members, even so it isn't expensive to join.
  • Spottedleopard
    Spottedleopard Posts: 92 Forumite
    edited 13 June 2012 at 5:08PM
    Options
    Last minute are offering something called top secret theatre seats which gets you good seats at lower prices.

We got tickets (granted up in the gods) for £25 each. The stalls tickets were £62.50 and I honestly didn't think that was too bad considering it is London and has recently won all the awards. There is the demand, so they are going to charge high prices unfortunately.

That was through the RSC website. There is always eBay.
    Society always tramples down on those that are different. Abnormalities are smoothed over. I strive to be a wrinkle.
  • Spottedleopard
    Options
    Just picked a random date in November

http://www.rsc.org.uk/buy-tickets/select.aspx?performanceNumber=16622

I don't really think you can complain. We saw plenty up in the Upper stalls

If you go on the Matilda musical website you can get the view from your seat- we were at the back of the upper stalls and saw perfectly well.
    Society always tramples down on those that are different. Abnormalities are smoothed over. I strive to be a wrinkle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 237K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure