Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]

Options

Comments

• no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sarabi wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can transfer points to someone else? We need to borrow some vouchers off BF's parents for use asap and we need to reimburse them somehow

Once upon a time - you could use vouchers not linked to you account, that was in the same surname & postcode - you can't now.
    You wouldn't be able to use someone else's vouchers, they are not transferable. 'Deals' would not process it and credit back points from 'used' vouchers.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • sarabi
    sarabi Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    no1catman wrote: »
    Once upon a time - you could use vouchers not linked to you account, that was in the same surname & postcode - you can't now.
    You wouldn't be able to use someone else's vouchers, they are not transferable. 'Deals' would not process it and credit back points from 'used' vouchers.

I phrased that wrong because I don't understand the tesco scheme at all.

We are trying to plan a holiday and just asking the inlaws to purchase part of it.

We need them to use £5 of their vouchers to buy us a token thing and I want to send them 500 of my un-converted points.

Is this possible.
  • no1catman
    Options
    sarabi wrote: »
    I phrased that wrong because I don't understand the tesco scheme at all.
    We are trying to plan a holiday and just asking the inlaws to purchase part of it.
    We need them to use £5 of their vouchers to buy us a token thing and I want to send them 500 of my un-converted points.
    Is this possible.

What don't you understand?

No, points are not transferable - certainly not by 'phone. Possibility by post by writing to the Dundee Clubcard address quoting your no & details and theirs.
    However, the token they get will be for their use, again it is not transferable.
  • sarabi
    Options
    no1catman wrote: »
    What don't you understand?

No, points are not transferable - certainly not by 'phone. Possibility by post by writing to the Dundee Clubcard address quoting your no & details and theirs.
    However, the token they get will be for their use, again it is not transferable.

In general I find rewards schemes have too many caveats and provisos so on and to be honest I can't get my head around it all. Mainly just collect points and use the rewards when necessary

Thanks for your help anyway :o
  • rabbit8587
    rabbit8587 Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Apologies as I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I've just spent hours putting together a grocery shop online and don't want to have to abandon it!

I've got lots of Tesco coupons (eg 75p off finest pizza) and I want to spend them online, as it says on the back I can do. However, I can't for the life of me find a code. If I open up the coupons online it says the code will be underneath the coupon on the screen. However....there is no code under the coupon. Do they do some vouchers that you can't redeem online? Even though it gives guidance on the back "for online purchases"? *Frustrated face* :(
    Thank you to all posters :A
  • sarabi
    Options
    It won't let me post a picture of my coupons as an example, however if they can be spent online there's a gibberish code just below the picture of the coupon on your clubcard 'my coupons' page.

As far as I know they can only be used either online OR at the till, not both. You have to choose which one you prefer. I opted into online ones and received them a few times however this time around I received a bunch of paper ones for some reason.
  • no1catman
    Options
    Yes, the ones that were intended for in-store use were sent to those and ecoupon preference. Moreover the 'ambiguous' wording implied on-line use. But you can't quote a on-line code - there isn't one!
    Promotional coupons are usually one or the other. Normally if you want on-line codes you need to stipulate 'ecoupons'.
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Cannot seem to find anything on this thread back to 2006 or on the Tesco FAQ so here goes...

When exchanging clubcard vouchers for rewards does the system use up the oldest vouchers first?

I have got some small value vouchers expiring soon and some larger value more recent ones. I want to exchange them all and basically get "change" off the most recent one.
  • tony98
    tony98 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    miller wrote: »
    Cannot seem to find anything on this thread back to 2006 or on the Tesco FAQ so here goes...

When exchanging clubcard vouchers for rewards does the system use up the oldest vouchers first?

I have got some small value vouchers expiring soon and some larger value more recent ones. I want to exchange them all and basically get "change" off the most recent one.

You decide which vouchers to enter when buying a reward by entering voucher code in the order you want :)
  • bevally
    bevally Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    miller - I had the same situation this week. I was adding vouchers in order of expiry. When I added my final voucher (£15) this took me £4 over the total required. I had hoped I would then get change but it actually removed the lower value vouchers (£1.50 & £2.50) that I wanted to use as they were due to expire soon :-(
    I wasn't very happy about this so emailed Tesco and they said it works like this so customers aren't left waiting for change to be credited (more likely they hope people will let the little amounts expire!) but offered to convert the vouchers that are due to expire back to points so I don't lose out, which I will definately do!
    Hope this helps
    Make £10 a day challenge = Aiming for £100 a month
    May - £100.68/£100 (£80.68 cash & £20.00 vouchers)
    June - £121.04/£100 (£91.04 cash & £30.00 vouchers)
    July - £22.11/£100 (£22.11 cash & £0.00 vouchers)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure