Which TV recorder???

Ive recently bought 2 new HD ready TVs with built in Freeview. Can anyone advise me on the best type of recording device to buy to accompany them.
Ideally one that i can swap the between TVs but not essential as i'll buy 2 if need be.
I have heard of some that will record whole series and even cut out the adverts, which would be a real god-send.
Thanks, John.

Comments

• njhsmee
    njhsmee Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have a Humax hdr fox t2 and it is so easy to use.It will record whole series and theres a one touch record where you see a dot in the corner of the screen on a trailer for a new programme coming up and when you press it ,it will record the whole series when it airs.You can put all your programmes into different folders and it shows you how much space you have used up...........It also looks very stylish.....i wouldnt be without mine now!
  • scotsbob
    scotsbob Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    http://www.freeview.co.uk/Services/Freeview2/Products

Sony, Panasonic, Samsung are among the more reliable brands. Check out John Lewis website, they frequently have well known brands on special offer.
  • The Hitachi one, with an HDMI output, is pretty good (HDR253) - you can get them on Ebay, for about £50
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Humax PVR 9300T is the best Freeview SD PVR, if you want HD recording you can go for the more expensive Humax HD model.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport