Carer phone

Options
Apologies if this is the wrong area to post this question.
I've an elderly relative that has a BT Carer phone (the one that has a wireless pendent & rings round friends and relatives in an emergency - say for example if they fall).
The phone is about 6-7 years old now and has gone on the blink (it still works as a phone, but neither pendents work remotley.
It doesn't appear that BT sell these now and the only ones I can find are either ones without pendants or refurbished 2nd hand models on eBay (which we'd like to avoid).

So does anyone know of a similar device or indeed a service that we can subscribe to. Ideally we'd want the phone to ring round familiy (as the current one did) but if it was a dedicated helpline we'd be open to that providing it didn't cost a fortune.

Many thanks!

Comments

• postingalwaysposting
    Options
    I think this is what you are looking for, linky.

However there are companys now that do this for a small charge which goes straight through to a central office which guarantees someone to answer the alarm call when no pre loaded numbers get the message. It is much safer and can cost as little as 50p per day. Either contact your local council (these are also known as lifeline/piper alarms) or google pendant alarms for the elderly, some of which I found are below, I am not saying they are the best/cheapest.

AgeUK
    Call alert
    Telecare24
    CarelineUK

Hope that helps :D
  • clemmatis
    clemmatis Posts: 3,168 Forumite
    Options
    As postingalwaysposting says, some councils do this. Mine has a Community Alarm Service, and telecare options. You could try them first.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    norbet wrote: »
    it still works as a phone, but neither pendents work remotley.
    The obvious question is, do any or all of the pendants / phone need new batteries?

I ask this blindingly obvious question because I once took a landline phone back to Staples because it had gone on the blink. I had forgotten that it had batteries for some of its functions. Once these were replaced it was fine!!!

Forgive me if you've tried this already. Of course I realise that the pendants may be designed NOT to offer access to the batteries, but there must be some!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport