PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S DAily Thread Wednesday 23rd May 2012

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 May 2012 at 11:36AM
    Options
    Monnagran yesterday:

LW: We are getting the Island aired for you, it is glorious today. I do hope you get some good days next week, this is so lovely when the sun shines. Is this an 'organised' holiday or are you doing your own thing?
    Thankee kindly. *doffs sunhat* :D We're doing our own thing; staying at the Shanklin Hotel (they assure me they can cope with the Wolfmobile) ;) and I've got a wee list of possible outings, and am busy checking out likely Real Ale pubs.:o I don't do "organised" things, I'm afraid.;)

I realise I've been very remiss in not wishing those taking exams good luck. Let me correct that now. Very best wishes and Wolfy posi-vibes to all with exam papers in front of them.:o
    Molly
    fwiw I think the school have got a darned cheek, and your lad needs all his revision time to get the best results he can.

Ooh, and welcome Pika. I'm sure she'll lose some of the shyness as she settles in and gets used to her new home.:o

Forgive my ignorance, but what's upspeak, please? I assume it's a particularly irritating form of slang? We tend to speak proper English here, unless we're mucking about or (in my case) mucking about with a "staged" accent (Mr LW can't do accents):D

I'm a sad individual.... it's brilliant sunshine outside, and I'm feeling crestfallen because I have no washing to do, so can't make use of it for drying!:rotfl:

What I must go and do is put the BM on for some pizza dough; pizza for tonight's dins is our means of using up a few bits and bobs out of the fridge.;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Rage_in_Eden Posts: 995 Forumite
    Options
    Morning (just) everyone. MIA (AGAIN!) but in my defence I have been busy. My 5 pieces of outstanding work are now down to 3 and I hope to do another one today. Having to go down to London on Tuesday for a medical apt. Fully expected them to wait until NHS gynae at the end of June (urgent follow up?!) but they have the results so they can see me regardless. Was meant to be going out this afternoon but to be quite honest I am jiggered - am having panic attacks again so I'm really wiped out.... That said I've just managed to put two lots of washing on (bedding), dig up a couple of large clumps of hardy geranium for a neighbour (I am overrun) and sort out a large wicker basket which is now virtually empty and will be totally empty when I take it downstairs. Would it be awful to cry off going out and just sit in the garden relaxing do you think? I've got to make a move around 1 pm so I'll have a think.... Right I am off to do other stuff - dinner tonight will be veggie burgers with salad (National Veggie Week) and then ice cream.... going to in-laws this weekend so no doubt will out for meals etc..... Have a nice sunny day everyone!
    But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green :D
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tru - I'm with you on the upspeak too :o....forever moaning at the kids about it.....reminding them they are british :o. Me too running about like an idiot this morning.....;)

Ive never heard of it (had to google) and can't say I hear it all that much. Must be because I is posh ;) :rotfl::rotfl:

Another fab day here so put the old maxi dress on, it hardly got worn last year after my mum made it so need to get my monies worth :rotfl:
    Spent a small fortune on DD for new summer sandals......how is it this child has such big, fast growing feet. She's nearly 4 and a size 11 and a half :eek: she also needed new underwear and some school socks.

Have stripped the beds and remade, like all of you I want to take advantage of the lovely weather :T

Off to Forest School this afternoon, need to find the nest repellent as got bitten to death last week :eek:

Tea is a makeshift as I have tap class.......gonna be sweltering!

Lou invest in a water pistol for the cat ;)

Hugs and spoons all round xxx
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

Sun is finally shining here, it's been cloudy all morning.

I had a nice night out last night, but a bit tired now today after a few wines and late night!

Work kids are fundraising in local supermarket. I've left my colleague to look after them so I can get on with some office work. Talking of work kids, they all 'upspeak' all the time, grrrr!

Tonight me and my colleague are going to try find a way for me to walk to the new office from my house. I've found a path for a third of the way, but the rest is through woods so I didn't want to explore my own. It will be the 4th walk in 4 days for me so slowly building up the exercise :)

OS wise - house is sparkling as I cleaned/tidied yday, dinner is HM curry from freezer.

Have a great day all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but what's upspeak, please? I assume it's a particularly irritating form of slang? We tend to speak proper English here, unless we're mucking about or (in my case) mucking about with a "staged" accent (Mr LW can't do accents):D

So there is a name for it? Happens a lot in my house and I even have to admit that I am a culprit somedays!
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Gotta say i didn't know there was a name for it either.....we just call it amercian :o.

Sucessful trip to argoose glad i reserved as the prices had jumped over night to an extra 35 quid :eek:

MH - :rotfl:at figuring Uoly, I didn't notice that :o
    LW - Stop at ours....stop at ours.....a good olde fashioned pub ;), They don't sell lager:cool:
    nmlc- Hope hospital goes ok x
    Molly - Blooming cheek, can't have time off to do his own revision but can help others *tuts*. Would love to see a pic of Pika :D
    Bitsy - Crikey she's got big feet :eek::o.....

Right thats lunch gulped.....off to walk the houndettes in the woods where its nice and cool :cool:
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bit late today because i went to the Doctors this morning. He wasnt worried and says i only have a muscle spasm on my spine but he will have it scanned amongst a whole list of tests that i have had the blood tests for. İ will go back to see him tomorrow for all the results-its amazing what can be done as opposed to waiting around for weeks to get things sorted. We pay a 100 quid a month to cover the family and give my wife a pension in old age--its the equivalent of National İnsurance but is at the highest rate due to business ownership---in return we can use any private hospital for treatment.

Back to work now--today some of the classes are finishing for summer and it will be sad to say farewell for 3 months to the students.--some may come for fun courses during the summer but the majority will go off to their summer homes. Most people have second homes to escape the extreme heat of the city and the fathers have to travel to their work places. Homes are cheaper in Turkey but it is essential to have 2 which eradicates the differential against uk homes.
    İ can go home tonight and have a beer because the doctor says i am healthy and fine with good blood pressure. i can also still ride my motorbike so i might go out for a ride with a mate.--my wife wanted the doctor to stop all my pleasures and put me on diet!---my Bp is a lot lower than hers!!
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi x
    Just back from seeing my eldest son. I met his girlfriend for the first time and she is lovely so I really hope they stick at it :T:T:T
    He is keeping his new home just great and I am very impressed. I have just bought him a Henry vacuum as they dont have one from Argoose and got a bargain so thanks to BB for inspiring me to look x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,
    Typing with blue stained fingers-I have dyed a pair of shorts for DS to take away with him,they had faded.Apparently they are going out shorts for nighttime ;)-he tried some on yesterday when we were in town,£50 :eek:,fifty quid for a pair of shorts!!Glad I talked him out of it now as they seem ok,found a pack of navy dye in the drawer so they are drying in the shade outside:j.I've run out of washing now :)

He dropped me off at our little MrS earlier on and I had a slow stroll back home.Wish I'd got another lettuce now-hope I can make it stretch,salad with cajun pork steaks.Got a blister now though ,the straps on my sandals have gone a bit loose.

DGD is coming tonight,she came back from her hollybobs last night:j.She was very good apparently.Havent seen her for a couple of weeks,so can't wait to see her.
    Speaking of childrens shoes ,I am going with DN to get some for DGNephew tomorrow,it'll get me out of the house :D and there may be a cafe.
    BargainBird,Leo is a mastiff cross,dont know what with,the vet thought Great Dane when he first came to us,but I think its cos he was so skinny & his legs looked long:rotfl:.His body looks more typically Mastiff now he's older and heavier,but his heads not big enough,and not as wrinkly.We've had Bullmastiffs before him,but his snout is longer but he's very similar in nature to the first we had-a laid back gentle Mummys boy :D(unless he sees another dog he wants to play with,then I'm in danger of being dragged across the field:o)

Sounds like recorder practice at the nearby school-must have all the doors and windows open!
    Might go & have a little sit in the garden ,have lovely days all.xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Lovely day here....almost finished all the washing which needed doing...will then be looking at anything that MIGHT benefit from a wash and blow in the sun, such as 2 spare beds which haven't been slept in for months, linen changed then but am sure a 'freshen up' wouldn't do any harm...mmmm, will think about it.

Out to dinner and wine tasting with DBro to-night, think I will try to fit in a swim first, although pool will be packed with weather as it is....something else to think about.

DGS2 had what we all thought was a tummy bug yesterday, not well this am so DD4 took him to doc and he is now having appendicitis surgery....poor little mite, we (Mam, Dad and me) thought that he would be fine this morning, so naturally feeling guilty now....I know I know, no need but natural thought....hopefully all will be straightforward as they are off to Oz on 19th June.

Going to have a snack soon as dinner is not until 8, rather late for us so we will need something to fill the gap, especially as we had breakfast at 10am which is rather earlier than usual....often don't eat until midday no matter what time we get up...strange people!

Like LW I don't understand the term 'upspeak'....is it something like that Americanese that seems to be the English learnt in Asia has headed West over the last few years??

Hugs to all in need or want, enjoy the sun but take precautions against burning

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family