Changing my ISA account?

Options
Should I cash in my ISA which is with royal london, I am currently 3 years in on a five year plan. Are there better offers out there? I have £8000 saved, are there better offers out there?
Knowledge is power :wave:

Comments

• Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Don't know about specifics, but don't "cash it in" unless you need the cash! If you want to transfer it to another ISA, you can keep the cash - both capital and interest - tax-free, but if you simply cash it in you will never be able to re-apply previous years' ISA allowances to it.

What are the interest penalties on your current ISA if you transfer out before the 5 years are up?
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • JTT_2
    JTT_2 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    I am not sure. My concern is that I am not making the most of my investment. Are there better deals out there, currently I receive about 5%, but this is dependent on stocks prices, should I switch to a cash ISA.
    Knowledge is power :wave:
  • Walletwatch
    Walletwatch Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    You seem to currently have a stocks-ISA, and you are looking at moving to a mini-cash ISA. The best mini-cash ISAs available today are the Abbey postal ISA which offers 5.35% variable, and the Abbey 1-year fixed rate ISA, offering 5.5%.
    It's always the grass that suffers, irrespective of whether the elephants are fighting or making love !!!
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your current ISA is a Stocks and Shares ISA. Stocks and Shares ISAs and Cash ISAs are NOT interchangeable. That is, if you switch out of your existing ISA, you can only switch to another Stocks and Shares ISA.

Without knowing what the penalties are for switching out of your current ISA, I think it would be hard to offer any guidance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure