New Post Advanced Search

How do you find repossessed homes to buy

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
43 replies 220K views
back2square1back2square1 Forumite
222 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
Hello
I have looked on the Internet and they seem to require a regular fee for me to view all properties in Leicestershire area that are coming up for auction.

I would have thought it would have been more readily available especially when they say repossession of homes is on the increase.

Does anyone know of a way to find out details of properties in your local area for free???

Your help would be most appreciated.

Replies

• WingsWings Forumite
    190 posts
    Google Propety Auctions..Savils,Alsops are just two of many.
  • WingsWings Forumite
    190 posts
    Google Property Auctions..Savils,Alsops are just two of many.
  • alba37alba37 Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Countrywide is another one.
  • gallygirlgallygirl Forumite
    17.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all repossessed homes go to auction. Get hold of the Mercury on houses night - you will see notification of offers on repos in the estate agent ads. Seems to be concentrated on just a few agents. Give them a ring and ask to be notified of all.

However, in my local area (not far from you) the repos don't seem to go for less than market value. A bit like houses needing renovation - people think they'll automatically get a bargain and seem to lose their heads a bit.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Nearly all repos go on via EA's long before they hit an auction.
    If I have Offended you. Thats Great :j
    If I have Offended your Religion, Race, Sex, Country, Hair Cut and your taste in Biscuits.:mad:
    Now Thats Bargain:T
  • Hi! you can get these repossessed houses. I had a website as well.I will dig it out and post it here for you to see asap. The deals were fantastic but i did'nt have enough cash for deposit.
  • Many repossesed house don't sell for much less than any other house that is on the market. Many that I have dealt with recently have actually been sold for OVER asking price, so don't assume you are going to get a bargain!

Whereabouts in Leicestershire are you looking? I may be able to help you.
    My home is usually the House Buying, Renting and Selling Forum where I can be found trying to (sometimes unsucessfully) prove that not all Estate Agents are crooks. With 20 years experience of Sales/Lettings and having bought and sold many of my own properties I've usually got something to say ;)
    Ignore......check!
  • Ali111 wrote: »
    Hi! you can get these repossessed houses. I had a website as well.I will dig it out and post it here for you to see asap. The deals were fantastic but i did'nt have enough cash for deposit.

Do you have the website address? I am looking for a bargain buy, as the rest of the world!
    The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket. :rolleyes:
  • Repo'd houses generally go to auction houses. Whether it's a bargain depends on how many people are bidding for it! There are what appears on the face of it to be some absolute bargains; but then they might have damp-rot or need underpinning or the roof might have collapsed last Tuesday - who knows.
    Try for example https://www.barnardmarcusauctions.co.uk
    I'm not affiliated with them in anyway btw...
  • hethmarhethmar Forumite
    10.7K posts
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres some auctioneers. Do remember what seems a "fantastic price" is only the guide price and they very often go for more.

http://www.wheresmyproperty.com/auctions/lo.htm
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support