Need a reliable, solid broadband service with wireless router

Options
Hi guys

I'm currently with madasafish paying £30/month for BB with a 50GB download allowance. My Speed is supposed to be 'upto 8MB' but i seem to get 1-2MB more realistically now. It appears to have got worse over the year gradually. Over the last month or so I've been getting a lot of disconnections that are beginning to annoy me, and I have to use the basic BT modem in conjunction with a netgear wireless router to serve the 2 laptops and 1 wired desktop PC with net access.

Can anyone recommend a good, quality and reliable provider? I need a wireless modem/router integrated and a download limit of at least 50GB but preferably unlimited.

We have sky tv at home, I believe I could get free BB with this? I'm also looking at signing upto a new orange phone contract soon and again believe that this would provide free BB. However, how good is the service and reliability with these providers?

Thanks for reading,

Faz

Comments

• Madasafish_Customer_Care
    Options
    Hi Faz,

You shouldn't be getting disconnections!

First thing that I would check is; do you have a microfilter fitted to every phone socket that is in use? Remember to include your SKY tv box. Unfiltered devices (or faulty filters) will cause disconnection and slow you right down.

To check if you have a faulty filter unplug everything from all phone sockets in the house, test each filter from the test port from within your master socket by connecting to the Internet. If you get a substantially lower sync using one of the filters you’ve found your faulty one and it will need to be replaced.

Also have a review to ensure that you are connecting from the master socket as internal wiring can impact the speeds that you get too.

If you would like for me to look at your account in specifics to see if I can spot a trend in the disconnections please PM me your Madasafish username.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills