Evans Halshaw - has anyone been able to get money off?

Options

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dhenryuk wrote: »
    Did you take finance out by any chance?
    No, it was a cash sale, with them taking my old car in part ex.
  • dhenryuk
    Options
    No, it was a cash sale, with them taking my old car in part ex.
    I was paying cash as sold my old car privately for £1500 more than I was offered trade-in from other dealers. They probably gave you a discount because of the markup on your trade-in I would have thought.
  • kinderk
    Options
    nightmare in Edinburgh...do not use these cowboys. evans and halshaw are a real nightmare and real cowboys. extremely unhelpful and extremely unprofessional. I made thousands of phone call to their customer care to ask for help but got more frustrated. they were very nice before I bought my car from them but soon I had a nightmare.
    I will never use them again. please don't use them...they are no more then a bunch of con men
  • MancBrel
    MancBrel Posts: 223 Forumite
    Options
    We walked into EH about 6 weeks ago. My wife found a nearly new fiesta and was interested to find out more info/ possibly take a spin. The salesman didn't want to talk about the car, just our financial situation. When we made it clear that we wanted to talk about the car, he just tapped the bonnet and said these immortal words "you see that, I don't make money from selling that, I make money selling finance" so I replied "you've been most informative, and we are leaving"

Smith Knight Fay got our £10500 a few weeks later. They never mentioned finance once, apart from asking us "how do you want to pay?" just at the point when we had to pay.
  • gord115
    gord115 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The ones at Sheffield tell lies about service history-Avoid.
  • SLITHER99
    Options
    gord115 wrote: »
    The ones at Sheffield tell lies about service history-Avoid.

I was stupid enough to buy a Mondeo from EH. It wasn't until after I had some major failures which their paid-for warranty wouldn't cover that I noticed that most of the service stamps appeared to have been stamped in the same ink and, although different colours, all the numbers appeared to be the same handwriting.
  • Relentless01
    Options
    Strider590 wrote: »
    You have to admit you can tell a car salesman a mile away, they're always smarmy looking gits with slicked back hair and a constant suntan, they're either wearing a suit or a long dark/black Arthur Daley style coat.

Most dislikeable......

How narrow minded! Everyone deserves the chance to earn a living. Even people who choose to work in the motor trade.

I best get my Arthur Daley style coat ordered!
  • DB_XIII
    DB_XIII Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not sure where this attitude of I was born entitled to a discount came from.
  • Relentless01
    Options
    EH have priced there cars to be the cheapest in the market. They research their cars and then price theirs the lowest compared similar vehicles for sale on autotrader. Some people have quoted driving miles on the forum and are then disappointed to not receive a discount. The only reason you drove miles is because the car was the cheapest one you found!

The admin fee however is a rip off. If you look on the sticker on the windscreen it mentions that it is optional. If i were you take the option of not paying it. They have to HPI the car before they sell it to you anyway.
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Options
    DB_XIII wrote: »
    I'm not sure where this attitude of I was born entitled to a discount came from.

I really do wonder if people actually read the name of this website. :wall:
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure