We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

London to Paris for two for £20… £300 to get home.

Options
2»

Comments

• nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Options
    It happens to the best of us. I managed to spend 48 hours in Portugal last year and had to drive to Spain to catch a flight. Just before leaving I thought "OH GOD! SPAIN'S AN HOUR AHEAD!!!" Luckily we'd left plenty of time to get to the airport!
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • Tropez
    Tropez Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    Options
    My mobile provider, O2, are actually quite helpful about this. They send you a text message when they detect you've crossed an international border to tell you about their international rates and remind you how far ahead or behind of UK time your current location is.

I've always found it an idea to set a reminder on your phone about ten minutes before you're due to depart the UK to change all your clocks to your destination's local time as then it is done although in the case of Eurostar and most airlines, they also tell you the local time upon arrival. I am assuming Megabus don't do this?
  • Former_MSE_Becca
    Options
    Tropez wrote: »
    My mobile provider, O2, are actually quite helpful about this. They send you a text message when they detect you've crossed an international border to tell you about their international rates and remind you how far ahead or behind of UK time your current location is.

I've always found it an idea to set a reminder on your phone about ten minutes before you're due to depart the UK to change all your clocks to your destination's local time as then it is done although in the case of Eurostar and most airlines, they also tell you the local time upon arrival. I am assuming Megabus don't do this?

You assume right Tropez - although when you're only paying £1, I guess you're not allowed this little luxury.

On the Eurostar on the way back, when the train manager announced the local time blah blah, the BF and I just started laughing!

MSE Becca
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    when i took megabus , they did announce the local time , the clock on the bus is also set to the local time from your departure in london.

i understand how easy it is to make a mistake though

but travelling on megabus was better then national express partly because the nice people saved the disabled seat for me so i had leg room .

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport