Selling a Vintage handbag

Options
2»

Comments

• carmel11
    carmel11 Posts: 375 Forumite
    edited 30 April 2012 at 6:41PM
    Options
    No,I bought it from an auction that you attend,a job lot.They have valuers there,but they ddnt know much about designer bags and clothing.
    Not,all auctions are ebay.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,311 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    carmel11 wrote: »
    No,I bought it from an auction that you attend,a job lot.

That does not make it real, it is still possible to be a fake

I attend a lot of auctions and have seen many fakes sold, two houses I use are notorious for their lack of any real attempt to authenticate an item.

I have also bought fakes sold as genuine, I have a wallet here with severall WW 1 and WW 2 medals sold as real but all fakes and so not worth what I paid for them.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    carmel11 wrote: »
    No,I bought it from an auction that you attend,a job lot.

I'm well aware of that, hence my suggestion that you google auction houses to see if you can find one that sells vintage accessories.
    I don't think that their listing will be sufficient to prove authenticity.
    As far as I'm aware it has to be on headed paper from the maker.
    Anyone who sells high end goods on ebay without the appropriate paperwork run the risk that a buyer will scam them.
  • Haffiana
    Haffiana Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am going to add that eBay is FULL of fakes that the sellers believe are genuine. Please remember that you will be listing your item as genuine with no actual proof for yourself that it is indeed genuine.

if you are going to state that it is genuine then you must obtain proof.
  • carmel11
    carmel11 Posts: 375 Forumite
    Options
    Ok,well I will definitely not be selling this on ebay.
    I know ebay is full of fakes,but very high end vintage fakes ,of an unusual make,that your average person wouldnt even know about,are not your average target for fakers.I will let you know how I get on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure