Urgent!! collect plus - size of jiffy bag?

Options
Hi
Urgent help plz!

Ive wrapped up a few parcels after phoning collect plus on saturday - have to post items out this morning on way to work.

I'm sure the man saids size can be 50x30x30 and i thought this applied to jiffy bag size too so have taped together some jiffy bags to make this size.

Just went to print out labels and the size dimensions seem to be for parcels....don't want parcels to get stuck or have to pay extra! would rather do it now!

Anyone know? many thanks in advance

Comments

• catch_me_if_you_can
    Options
    From their website:

The "Jiffy bag (up to 2kg)" option is valid for parcels wrapped in Jiffy bags or padded envelopes and weighing under 2kg only.

Parcels must not weigh more than 10kilograms nor exceed dimensions of 30 centimetres x 30 centimetres x 50 centimetres and must have a Label attached.

http://www.collectplus.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

Doesn't seem to specify when a jiffy bag becomes a parcel iykwim!

HTH
    :hello:

Engaged to the best man in the world :smileyhea
    Getting married 28th June 2013 :happyhear:love:
  • plzhelpmesave!
    plzhelpmesave! Posts: 1,313 Forumite
    Options
    thanks catch! Gonna go for it as they are all less than 2kg and within the dimensions stated. Fingers crossed they go through - already just about breakiing even with this batch of sales!
  • catch_me_if_you_can
    Options
    Fingers crossed!
    :hello:

Engaged to the best man in the world :smileyhea
    Getting married 28th June 2013 :happyhear:love:
  • Obviously_the_best
    Options
    There are actually no definite parcel restrictions, as if the shop accept the parcel (which is at their own digression) it will pass through the Yodel network as normal
  • sjbrun
    sjbrun Posts: 470 Forumite
    Options
    With parcel to go they dont warn you that it needs to go in a jiffy bag - you just enter the dimentions and away you go - ive given different sized boxes to the GT news for the 4 quid price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure