Orange Swappables

I recently came to the upgrade time in my Orange contract, and had a quick survey of my friends as to which smartphone they were currently using - I had a Blackberry Bold, about 2 years old, and wasn't sure which phone to get (I didn't want an iPhone).

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I had narrowed it down to the new Blackberry, the Samsung Galaxy SII and the Nokia Lumia 800. I went in-store to see which one looked and felt the best.

I got served by a nice young man (!) and he went through the phones with me, and I decided on the Nokia Lumia, and switching to the panther plan (with 1 free swappable). I stated at the time that it would be good to see Sky Sports on it, as it had a decent size screen.

Turns out I can only get 4 out of the around 15 swappables on my new phone, and Sky Sports isn't one of them. I went back to complain to the store, and was told that not only did the manager not know this (he thought all the swappables were compatible on ALL phones), but there was nothing he could do, as he could only exchange for the same phone.

I'm unsure what to do next, and indeed what my rights are, if I have any at all? If i had known in the store that this phone wouldn't support mobile tv, I would never have chosen it.

Also seems to be that this isn't widely known even by the shop staff, let alone any customers.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure