Old ISA accounts have been closed but no money showing in new ISA?

Options
Hey Guys

Basically, I have opened a new Santanda ISA and filled a transfer form for two of my ISA's to be closed and be transfered into my new Santanda account.

I have checked my online banking and both accounts have now been closed and the money withdrawn.

I have checked my Santanda online account and none of the money is in the account! (Just the money I opened the account with).

The accounts were closed on the 23rd. It's now the 29th.

Should I be worried?

Comments

• dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not yet - it can take a couple of weeks for the other institution to post their cheque to Santander and for Santander to bank it and credit your new account.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's quite normal for money to vanish from the old provider for a few days before it shows in the new provider. If the old provider sent a cheque, it can take 3-5 working days for it to clear.

If it's still less than 15 working days since Santander(*) have received your transfer forms, may be give it just another working day or two before you ask them where your money is.

If over, file a formal complaint with [EMAIL="complaints@santander.co.uk"]complaints@santander.co.uk[/EMAIL].

In any event, they should be paying you interest from the day your money left your old provider.

*(NB. I assume you do mean Santander when you say Santanda)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure