PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Friday 27th April

Options
redruby
redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
edited 27 April 2012 at 7:11AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for 27th April. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Morning all,

Looks like its going to be a nice day :T, shame I am off to work :D never mind I finish early and its Friday :T

Spag Bol for dinner tonight, will do dd a quorn mince one, need to shove some washing on too, the baskets are quite full with all the rain we have been having.

DD's last day at placement, she has enjoyed it do much, she loves working with the clients there, this week she has taken them horse riding, done sewing, crafts, cooking, computers and music with them, its such a great place, she would love to work there at weekends.

Need to hoover through and have a tidy, will do that when I get in.

Have good days all xx

Comments

• miffy257
    miffy257 Posts: 890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning Redruby and all who follow- lucky you it's pouring here so very wet walk for me and Jack.:( Need to look at our gutters when it stops as it's like a cascade outside the lounge window.:eek:
    Pizza for tea so not much prep there then need to make a meal plan and do a freezer audit.
    Hugs to all who need them , fingers crossed for your DD Hester
    Some of you were discussing reclaiming PPI on here yesterday-all I can add is GO FOR IT I followed Martin's guide on here it is easy , even tells you what to do if you don't have details. I've had 3 successful claims 1 was done over the phone and my DH has had the one he put in for. Besides my mortgage I will soon be debt free and have some savings as well.
    have a good day all especially if you have no rain.:)
    £180.00 in 'sistercas'fund
    Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
    Samuel Smiles
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy friday everyone. The sun is shining up in dundee and i am off for the day :j so best go start the day by putting a load of washing on. Never ends does it? Feeling optimistic about May.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Love and hugs to those that are having a hard/sad time at the moment x

Raining here already, it's been raining from some time in the night as everywhere is completely soaked again! DH up and off to work stupid early, hence no cuppa in bed brought to me by him!!

Dinner last night was spag bol (made with quorn mince, as DH doesn't like traditional mince). The menfolk had twinks and mince pies for dessert. Dinner tonight may be breaded chicken pieces, chips and beans for the menfolk and fish, jacket and veg for me, but we're calling in to my parents later as we haven't seen them all week and we were away last weekend too, so dinner could be a late one.

I was reasonably productive yesterday, got the housework done, and made a start with a corner "dumping ground", it's all DH's papers - so have sorted into piles and he will go through them either tonight or at some point over the weekend. We're also going to sort the porch out as this is another "dumping ground" - I feel sure lots of it could actually be thrown away etc. Also did washing, drying and ironing, still a bit to do but will continue with that today, as having to use the TD but 3 or 4 more loads should get it done, want to change the beds too.

I didn't want to spend too much food shopping this week, but have run out of several bits all at the same time so have managed to secure a MrS delivery this afternoon, pleased with that as my car parking is at the rear of the house at the bottom of the garden, whilst it's not a long trek it's far enough to get soaked going backwards and forwards emptying the car of shopping bags - so MrS can bring it to the kitchen for me instead! And I had a voucher to use too:):):)

Will be heading into town shortly, I need to go to the bank, buy birthday cards and then will get home and make a start with the baking/cooking whilst next load in WM and TD as like to get it done and kitchen cleaned up before the food delivery as kitchen is not very big. Fancy making something different so will have a look and see what I can find.

Time to crack on, need to get my hair dried and put my face on.

Hav a great Friday everyone x

Hugs to those that want/need them, keep safe and well x
    nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning All

Its Friday and its sunny :j

Have just done all the essentials in my office this morning so will be having a pottering around day.

Asda have just delivered a big shop, seems that I am able to get away with fortnightly shopping now days which suits me much better.
    Always forget to get something basic and this time it was sugar :o.

No need to go anywhere today till tonight when I need to pop to work to pick up some forms. I say pop but its 45 minutes away :(

Cheating with dinner tonight - have Asda peking duck but still its much cheaper than a takeaway.

Also agree with the point about PPI, today am going to fill in the form for the PPI on my od, I tried to cancel it years and years ago but they said I would lose the overdraft & the associated benefits so can't see a problem with that one being agreed. (Obviously I know I shouldn't have an overdraft ;) one day that will be the case).

Off now for more caffeine and to make sure OH is fixing the gutter properly.

Have a great day all.x
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Essex-girl wrote: »

Cheating with dinner tonight - have Asda peking duck but still its much cheaper than a takeaway.x
    Duck going cheap? I thought the went quack :rotfl:
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    morning!

raining here. Day off :j

My sister popped round for a coffee on the way to work so we enjoyed a catch up. Plans for today are housework, laundry and paperwork.

Tea is the cottage pie we didn't eat yesterday with some baby carrots and peas.

Need to pop into town to get a small present for a good friends birthday.

Have a great Friday all x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone,

It is tipping with rain here again this morning. DD2 has broken her brolly so she had to take mine this morning and I had to use an enormous golf umbrella, I kept hitting the trees and getting drenched!

Hugs to LW and Molly.

LW good luck with the physio terrorist.

Hester good luck to your DD.

My friend had some really bad news yesterday. Her much loved dog is really poorly and is having to be put down today to put her out of her distress. We are all really upset as she is a gorgeous dog and really friendly.

Right I better get on with some work here.

Tea tonight is HM pizza for the kids and cauliflower cheese for me and OH as I have a cauli that needs using up.

Have a lovely day everyone.:)
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Duck going cheap? I thought the went quack :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

If it rains much more I am gonna build a bloomin ark :eek:

Not posted last cople of days as just been busy. Baking on the agenda today as have had more requests for muffins off DS :rotfl:
    Plans are to hibernate and drink lots of coffee :rotfl: and get wet on the school run :cool:

Tea will probably be sausage and mash.

Hugs and spoons all round xxxx
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Im sure I read somewhere on here the other day about a programme on saving money. Does anyone know what it was?

Hope all is well with everyone.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Seanymph
    Seanymph Posts: 2,874 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all who came before and after,

I found my way here several weeks ago - and before I could really fall in with who is who lost the habit. I'm back :)

We have meatloaf for tea, I've never made it before, but it doesn't look too difficult and I figure on leftovers for sandwiches.

Off to the farm shop for veggies this morning, BM on, WM emptied and on airer, DW on....

I need to be focusing on a) increasing some sort of income and b) not spending quite so much.

This is the second month where we have ended the month at the very bottom of the overdraft, not good - no outings for me this weekend (payday for OH is Monday).

I can't help but feel it should go further.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure