We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Top soil Where to get some cheap or free?

Options
124»

Comments

• paula_Dognini
    Options
    We recently purchased 10 bulk bags on lne via a company called Gravel Master. The product arrived on time and as promised and I can not believe how good the product was, I was fully expecting an average quality topsoil however we ended up using th eleft over soil for hanging baskets and the results were better than the compost that we paid a small fortune for :T:T
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    I'm glad you had extremely strong brackets for the hanging baskets. Most would not take the weight of a basket filled with topsoil especially when wet.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • imindebttoo
    Options
    Bit late this, but you could try using Hallstone Direct for cheap topsoil. They are new to the market apparently, but have green credentials and are licensed to produce topsoil from recycled materials.

IIDT
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport