New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: BA and Virgin fuel compensation still possible, as fine halved

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
5 replies 1.7K views
Former_MSE_HelenFormer_MSE_Helen
2.4K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Millions of British Airways and Virgin passengers could be due refunds after the pair unfairly hiked charges"

Replies

• edited 19 April 2012 at 10:30AM
    worldtravellerworldtraveller Forumite
    14K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 April 2012 at 10:30AM
    If anyone wants some more background on this, or other information, the original MSE thread on this issue from back in 2008 can be found HERE (It is now closed).

If you haven't already made a claim and wish to, before the deadline of 31st December 2012, it's worth having a quick read through to get all the information you may need.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • aldreddaldredd Forumite
    925 posts
    Whilst I understand why OFT show leniency to companies 'blowing the whistle', I think it's wrong to let them off Scott Free
  • Hi, has anyone received any compensation? I have submitted my claim more than once but have not received anything.

Also, the UK representatives of the US law firm administering te claims don't seem to know what is going on.
  • edited 14 May 2012 at 5:42PM
    worldtravellerworldtraveller Forumite
    14K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 May 2012 at 5:42PM
    Hi, has anyone received any compensation? I have submitted my claim more than once but have not received anything.

Also, the UK representatives of the US law firm administering te claims don't seem to know what is going on.

Yes, several people on MSE, including myself, received a cheque starting from around the 8th June, 2009. If you want to read the original thread, for some more information, it's HERE.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • I registered our claim for 4 tickets purchased in 2005 over a year ago and have had excuse after excuse about awaiting funding,processing,unable to find qualifying tickets(then you resend the same info and then you do find that you qualify)
    I know I might only receive a pittance in return, but hate being given the run around.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support