When I asked for luck I didn't mean the bad variety!!!

Options

Comments

• debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    ahhh what a shame about your car :( do you know i prefer my old banger now, everytime i would go out in my nice coupe (had to sell after i had too many kids to fit in it lol) i would worry about this. It was broken in to so many times and scratched up :( and my old volvo has not been touched!!! people really are t**ts! But on the plus side if it is just cosmetic can it wait to be fixed???

focus on the positives you're doing fab at attracting all this good luck! It must be your name!! ;) xx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £250.96/300 84%(EF total £1750.96 - 1 month expenses! )~ NSD 4/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £283.29 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I used to be a girl racer with a Toyota Supra :cool:, but I too had to sell it when DS1 came along. The back seat was more of a shelf and there was no way a pram would fit in the boot lol! The Mummywaggon I have now is a zafira but its only 2 years old and has a private plate (left to us by Father In Law when he passed away) so its still a smart looking car. But yes it can wait, we have more important things to pay for at the moment like food!

Talking of food I did another stock up shop at Mr T's today to take advantage of the last day of £10 off an £80 shop. I also got a 5p off a litre of fuel coupon so another £1.70 saved at the pumps afterwards. Apparently though that meant I only got half clubcard points on the fuel though so what I saved in cash I lost in deals :mad:.

We've also been to the bmx track/park today and I ran round the track like a loony pushing DS2 on his bike so hopefully that will help with the weight loss this week.:rotfl:DH hasn't been in the best mood today so we left him at home but he walked down to join us after about 45 minutes. Think he's tired and a bit apprehensive about all the tests and appointments he has over the next couple of days. I on the otherhand am looking forward to them :o

Well the plan for the rest of the day is to make tea shortly then I run Beavers on a monday night so I'm off there with DS1 to gain myself a headache :rotfl: and then home to watch BGT and catch up on competitions and surveys. No rest for the wicked as they say!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • stripes
    stripes Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    Plmbl I've subscribed to your diary as you are an inspiration on how you are dealing with change of circumstances. Good luck!
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    stripes wrote: »
    Plmbl I've subscribed to your diary as you are an inspiration on how you are dealing with change of circumstances. Good luck!

Ah bless you stripes, thank you very much :o

Ok, Beavers done, boys in bed (DS2 asleep, DS1 watching a DVD which he will hopefully fall asleep to shortly!). Gonna grab a drink & start catching up on stuff (if I can drag my eyes off the half naked guys on Britains Got Talent!!).
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Cancelled the Santander credit card in my name this morning after getting a nil balance statement :T:T:T.Feels fab knowing we have completely paid off one whole debt. I then paid the £50 I would normally pay to it when the statement arrived to the Santander card in DH's name as this is my next target. Let the snowballing commence :D.

DH's hospital appointment also went well today and he doesn't need to go back to the endrocrinologist (bloods) for 6 months now, as they think he's pretty much back to normal now chemistry wise. One hurdle over :j, but he still has memory and mood problems so its down to the neurologists now.

And continuing the good vibes, I've lost another pound on my slimmathon, making a straight half a stone lost in 3 weeks.
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on paying off the card, that must be an awesome feeling. Ace
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi there, just been reading your posts and i've got to commend you on how positive you are!

I feel bad but can I ask a bit of a selfish question? You said that your insurance company didn't pay out for all of your mortgage because you were a bit out with the dates your OH stopped smoking. It's got me a bit :eek: because we have mortgage protection too (and hope we never have to use it - but it's there just in case!) and my OH stopped smoking almost 2 years ago and we've never told them. I didn't think it would matter as it wasn't like he'd started smoking, he's stopped. :o
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    well done on paying off the CC :T !! Now for the next one :)

And glad hubby's results all came back good! xx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £250.96/300 84%(EF total £1750.96 - 1 month expenses! )~ NSD 4/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £283.29 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thank you chev and DFW321! I'm still really pleased. Having a bit of a pants day with DH (very panicky) so its nice to keep reminding myself what I achieved yesterday :D
    jackieb wrote: »
    Hi there, just been reading your posts and i've got to commend you on how positive you are!

I feel bad but can I ask a bit of a selfish question? You said that your insurance company didn't pay out for all of your mortgage because you were a bit out with the dates your OH stopped smoking. It's got me a bit :eek: because we have mortgage protection too (and hope we never have to use it - but it's there just in case!) and my OH stopped smoking almost 2 years ago and we've never told them. I didn't think it would matter as it wasn't like he'd started smoking, he's stopped. :o

Hi Jackie :hello: don't feel bad, I don't mind you asking at all. I don't think you have anything to worry about but I'll explain a bit more about what happened with my mortgage. We completed the interview for the protection over the phone and we were asked all the normal questions about illness history etc. When it came to the smoking question we said that I'd never smoked and DH had previously, but had now stopped. The advisor asked how long ago he'd stopped and I said 'about a year I think'. We were never asked for a speific date or told that it was important that we answered correctly, but we were accepted onto the policy and they sent paperwork for us to sign. I read through the paperwork and ammended a few things, like the name of our Dr which they had spelled wrongly. Under DH's details it read 'I have not smoked for 12 months' and under my name it read 'I have never smoked'. I thought this was all in order so we posted it back.
    Fast forward many years of never missing a payment and DH has his accident, so I make a claim on the policy. As part of normal procedure they accessed his hospital and Drs notes, not just relating to the accident, but basically for his whole life. It was then that they came up with the fact that DH had visited the Dr for help to stop smoking '10 months and 3 weeks' before we had taken out the policy not 12 months before. For this reason they said that we had provided false information when we took out the policy and that either the policy would not have been accepted at that time, or our monthly premiums would have been higher as DH would have still been classed as a smoker. I kicked up an almighty fuss as we hadn't been advised of any of this at the time (to which they said that as I'd ammended the details of my Dr on the form I'd obviously read the whole form and chosen not to check on the stop smoking date!!!!!!:eek: How are you supposed to know to check something you haven't been told to check???). Eventually though, they calculated that on the monthly premiums we had been paying, assuming DH was a smoker, the cover came out at 84k not the £110k we had taken out the policy for and they paid out on that (I think by that point they thought it was a bargain price to pay to get rid of me:rotfl:). At least we got that, but Im still :mad: about it.

So, it might be best that you keep your policy provider informed of changes to cover your own back, but to be honest with your situation being the other way round to ours it probably wont affect the policy. You might be able to get the policy cheaper now though if your DH no longer smokes.:)
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Boy, that's harsh. I'd be peeved as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure