GMAC Car Finance Reclaim

Options
Hi,
I bought a car from Vauxhall on finance and the loan was from GMAC, do i try to reclaim from Vauxhall (the people who misssold) or GMAC?

Also i wanted to reclaim as i feel i was never explained the terms and conditions but when looking through my paperwork i appear to have never even received any terms and conditions and there is no PPI Account number in the box provided for it. So when filling in the reclaim questionair what do i write when asked for my PPI Account number?

Hope that makes sense, this is my first post and thinking about using a company as i keep getting stuck so PLEASE help me!!!

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    What year was this taken out and did you pay the PPI in with the loan monthly payment or on it's own?.

Do not use a claims co you will pay them upwards of 25% plus vat for posting a letter!!!! you do all the hard work.
  • becca.cupit
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    What year was this taken out and did you pay the PPI in with the loan monthly payment or on it's own?.

Do not use a claims co you will pay them upwards of 25% plus vat for posting a letter!!!! you do all the hard work.

i took the loan out in 2005 and paid monthly payments in with the loan
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to do the mis sell to Vauxhall, this PPI was front loaded this means the PPI was added to the loan and you paid this to term with interest, a single premium PPI that is the most upheld of all PPI reclaims, use this single premium as a reason for mis sell, look here for others that may apply to you as well.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step2
  • becca.cupit
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    You need to do the mis sell to Vauxhall, this PPI was front loaded this means the PPI was added to the loan and you paid this to term with interest, a single premium PPI that is the most upheld of all PPI reclaims, use this single premium as a reason for mis sell

Im really sorry i dont understand!!!!! "what did you mean by use this single premium as a reason for miss sell?" also should i have a PPI account number for this type of PPI?

My policy terms and conditions mention nothing about my PPI, is this a Miss sell or should there be separate PPI Terms and conditions?

Thank you, really appreciate your help!!
  • shellym35
    Options
    hi becca did you get anywhere with ur ppi claim with gmac and vauxhall?
  • cbrennan777
    Options
    Any joy with GMAC
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    This thread is over two years old.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    becca was last logged in 08-02-2013 1:13 PM
  • Monkeybusiness_2
    Options
    Hi I purchased a brand new car from my local dealership back in 1989 this garage has since closed. I purchase the car through Vauxhall Finance (I have the original paperwork) and I was paying a monthly ppi premium. Am I am able to claim back this from such a longtime ago?
  • Monkeybusiness_2
    Options
    This was 1989
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills