M&S Delivery Charges

Options
I wonder if anyone can help? I buy my son's school uniform from M&S, it is a new pilot scheme this year. The problem I have is that when I purchase the bespoke items (with school badges on) I am unable to have it delivered to store and have to pay a £3.50 delivery charge. Under no circumstances will they offer no delivery charge - I know of 1 Mum who just spent over £50, yet still had to pay the £3.50. I have spoken to everyone, my local manager and the chairmans office, and M&S are still stating that they will continue to make the charges.

I have no choice but to purchase the uniform from M&S, but begrudge paying the charge. Is there anything else that I can do?

Thanks

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Annieuk75 wrote: »
    Is there anything else that I can do?
    Can you collect them from wherever they are delivered from?
    Probably not.

Can the school not come to some arrangement with their sole supplier?
    Delivered in one batch to the school, for example?
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you want the item, you pay delivery. It costs them money to send the items to you, so of course they can charge for it.

If you don't want to pay, don't buy the uniforms. If you want them, you have to pay.
  • Annieuk75
    Annieuk75 Posts: 399 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds simple mattyprice, but when everything else can be delivered to store for free...it's not really being fair.

I've been trying to push the delivery to school, but M&S aren't happy to do that either.
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why should us store buyers and pickers up from the store subsidise you? If you can't/won't go to the shop then £3.50 does not seem an excessive amount for £50 worth of goods.
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Really all this over £3.50, quite unbelievable.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 April 2012 at 10:22AM
    Options
    It might be that M&S don't do the sewing on of the badges themselves, but outsource this to another company instead.

This company might receive the uniforms and badges from M&S, then when the work has been carried out, they may be the ones who send the completed aticles out, and the delivery charge may go to them (even though you pay it to M&S).
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    fozmcfc wrote: »
    Really all this over £3.50, quite unbelievable.

And there was me thinking that this was a money saving site.
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    And there was me thinking that this was a money saving site.

So what, I think it's a ridiculous amount of time and energy to waste over £3.50.
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    giraffe69 wrote: »
    Why should us store buyers and pickers up from the store subsidise you? If you can't/won't go to the shop then £3.50 does not seem an excessive amount for £50 worth of goods.

If you read more carefully, you'll see that they won't deliver to the store, so there is no option for the OP to go to the store.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pretty sure that Shaun From Africa is right - if I order any 'personalised' items from M&S (i.e. made to measure shirts) there is no option for store delivery - only the £3.50 charge option.

TBH I'd be taking issue with the school who've forced you down this route rather than M&S
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure