EDF price drop?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
16 replies 1K views
2»

Replies

  • CardewCardew Forumite
    28.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    millie wrote:
    I am on version 4.1 online tarrif when I look at the other tarrifs on offer I am quite shocked at the difference I cant find anything to come near it. British gas phoned me about 2 montha ago when I asked them what the unit prices were they were nearly twice as much as I am paying.

    EDF on-line tariffs are convoluted.

    Some of the earlier version tariffs - especially those 'inherited' from firms like London Energy - were very cheap and even though they are not fixed/capped, for some reason were not brought into line with their other on-line tariffs.

    I think 4.1 was one of these. Jem16 who has recently posted on this subject in another thread was on one of these tariffs that has only had one increase since 2005 and is a real bargain.

    Other versions of their on-line tariff are nowhere near as cheap.
  • jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cardew wrote:
    EDF on-line tariffs are convoluted.

    Some of the earlier version tariffs - especially those 'inherited' from firms like London Energy - were very cheap and even though they are not fixed/capped, for some reason were not brought into line with their other on-line tariffs.

    I think 4.1 was one of these. Jem16 who has recently posted on this subject in another thread was on one of these tariffs that has only had one increase since 2005 and is a real bargain.

    Other versions of their on-line tariff are nowhere near as cheap.

    Very true.

    I have Online v3.1 - one increase since November 2005 and absolutely nothing can beat it even yet.
    jackdoor wrote:
    Just to save people some time who may have thought the way I did.........I'm on standard Dual Fuel and just called EDF about Online Tariffs and was told they've now been scrapped for those that didn't opt-in during the period of opportunity (apparently they weren't as successful as they'd hoped?!).

    I think this is just an excuse. Since EDF took over the Online tariffs seems to have been phased out. I doubt it was because it was not popular.

    I do believe there is now a v5 but only for south of England somewhere whereas the previous online tariffs were UK wide.
  • GamblerGambler Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    jem16 wrote:
    Very true.

    I have Online v3.1 - one increase since November 2005 and absolutely nothing can beat it even yet.



    I think this is just an excuse. Since EDF took over the Online tariffs seems to have been phased out. I doubt it was because it was not popular.

    I do believe there is now a v5 but only for south of England somewhere whereas the previous online tariffs were UK wide.

    Hi Jem,

    How can you tell which tariff version you are on pls?
  • jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gambler wrote:
    Hi Jem,

    How can you tell which tariff version you are on pls?

    I would imagine you are on v3.1 as you switched at the same time, more or less, as me. If I go into "My Account" online and look at a bill, it mentions Tariff - Online v3 DD. It's not on a paper bill though.

    It was also on the very first tariff leaflet I received with my Welcome Pack.

    Tariff v4.1 came about in about April 2006.
  • GamblerGambler Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    jem16 wrote:
    I would imagine you are on v3.1 as you switched at the same time, more or less, as me. If I go into "My Account" online and look at a bill, it mentions Tariff - Online v3 DD. It's not on a paper bill though.

    It was also on the very first tariff leaflet I received with my Welcome Pack.

    Tariff v4.1 came about in about April 2006.
    Thanks Jem.


    From my online bill:

    Tariff: Online v3 Standard Direct Debit (Ref. Code: D3B3)
  • milliemillie Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Gambler wrote:
    Thanks Jem.


    From my online bill:

    Tariff: Online v3 Standard Direct Debit (Ref. Code: D3B3)

    I thought I was on vesion 4 but I have just checked my online bill and I am also on version 3. There has only been 1 increase since I joined at the a
    end of March 2005.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Reclaim payday loans

Get £100s or £1,000s back for being mis-sold

MSE Guides

25% off Dyson eBay outlet

Selected items, via code

MSE Deals