Another step to cheap car insurance

Options
I followed your steps and found them very helpful. I got the cheapest quote and was very happy with this. Unfortunately, I have had a lot of problems with the chosen insurance company. After having these problems, I have looked at internet reviews - and they are damning - "Avoid at all costs" and "these people are villans" are just some of the 175 terrible reviews. I think that this is shocking when considering that the insurance firm in question are a large house-hold name. I think that the extra step of "check the reviews of the company that you want to go with - some are not very good" should be added. My insurance company certainly fitted within my BUDGET, but I wish I had chosen someone else.

Comments

• david39
    david39 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Options
    You don't want to believe all the bad reviews about companies (in any form of business).

People get frustrated when companies do not comply with what the customer wants or expects. If you read complaint moans on this forum's boards, you will find that in many cases, it is the customer at fault, not the supplier.

Disgruntled customers (whoever is at fault) will post complaints just to vent their anger or frustration. People who are satisfied with the service or goods offered usually don't post anything anywhere.

Every company gets complaints from time to time, it is inevitable. The bigger the company, the more customers it is likely to upset - Tesco are bound to get many letters of complaint whereas your local corner grocery store might get none at all - it's a matter of scale. Often, the complainant will post numerous different versions of a complaint, under a variety of aliases, in order to make his point seem stronger. One complainant may look like 10 different ones under these circumstances.

I have had excellent service over many years from two big national companies that get hammered almost every day in one forum or another - don't believe that all the complaints you read are genuine or justified.
  • waterfront105
    Options
    I do see where you are coming from David - I have had vehicle insurance for multiple vehicles for the past 20 years, and I have never had problems like I have with this company - I just wish I could cancel and go somewhere else (without being charged that is).
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The problem with reviews is most people only complain few very rarely give positive so its always looks bad for most companies. Also reviews can be biased and in some cases even positive reviews can be fiddled to give glowing report on said company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure