forced water metering

Options
Hi I am just about to move into a pre- war property ( not listed). Having informed the water company of this they have told me that i must have a water meter fitted. I do not wish to have the meter fitted and have told the water company so but still they insist. I do not have pond, sprinkler, power shower etc. Is it legally right that the company (south staffs water) can fit a meter without me agreeing to it? I have 3 children one of whom has to have a bath in oil every night due to excema and do at least 3 loads of washing every day.

There is currently no meter fitted. If the value of the bill exceeds the value of the rateable property (like the neighbours)can i insist that it is removed?

I dont mind paying for my water but as long as I dont have to pay more than my neighbours without a meter does.

Comments

• Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    Options
    You are a change of occupier and will get a water meter..sorry but that is the end of it really.
    Some water companies don't force it but yours clearly does so might be better to just get use to the idea.
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

Robert Service
  • bluewire
    bluewire Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    As you have a child who has a medical condition that causes you to bath and wash clothes more your water co should have a special tarrif that says no matter how much water you use you only pay a set amount.

Give them a call back or check out their website >>>>>>
    http://www.south-staffs-water.co.uk/your_home/watersure.asp

Hope that this helps:money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills